Custom Curves

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Hi fellow Nikonians,

for those interested in loading custom curves into their D70s/D100s, I'll just be good samaritan tomorrow and bring my laptop down tomorrow.

You'll need to bring your USB cable, camera, batteries and the curve you want to load into your camera on a DISKETTE/CDR-RW/DVD+R and appear tomorrow (14 Jul), doubt you can miss me with my laptop infront of me. Hee.

After loading the curves, you're invited to be seated and have a chat with the friendly Nikon Council members around :D

Please leave a list of names/nicks here so that I'll know by 2359Hrs 13 Jul, if I need to bring my laptop or not (if there are no interested users).

Time: 7pm-7.30pm (for loading of curves, after that it's happy hour :D)
Venue: Spinelli's (beside Ruby)

Nick
===============
1)
2)
3)
4)

espn said:
Hi fellow Nikonians,

for those interested in loading custom curves into their D70s/D100s, I'll just be good samaritan tomorrow and bring my laptop down tomorrow.

You'll need to bring your USB cable, camera, batteries and the curve you want to load on a DISKETTE/CDR-RW/DVD+R and appear tomorrow, doubt you can miss me with my laptop infront of me. Hee.

After loading the curves, you're invited to be seated and have a chat with the friendly Nikon Council members around :D

Please leave a list of names/nicks here so that I'll know by 2359Hrs 13 Jul, if I need to bring my laptop or not (if there are no interested users).

Nick
===============
1)
2)
3)
4)

1) ME! but forgot to bring the USB cable...can u bring for me? :D

cheers

PL

Unker, it's tomorrow evening (14 Jul) not tonight!!!

plsoong :kok:

I have got no reason to come down and I also do not need any new custom curves. I already like how my WB performs. :D

He he he. I bring only CD can ??. You burn whatever curves you have into the CD for me to try ?? :D

Eh??? You all bring the curves better... :D I don't know what curves you all want. Frankly, I using my own customised curve and I don't have others.

Btw, my laptop oni has CD/DVD-ROM, no RW as much as I wish :(

aguppy :kok: Then u come down and sit, just don't talk :devil:

Nick
===========
1)
2)
3)
4)

Me, Me, Me... can I bring a 'lemon' Curve along to load? Errr... better still can use your camera to test out the curve first before I load into mine? :D

Am new to Digital Photography and so am not much aware about these 'Curves'.
How big are these custom curve files ? I would have loved to attend tomorrows session as i would have got a chance to speak to you pros and get some tips. But sadly I will not be able to attend this session as I won't be in town :( . Any chance that these curves can be emailed ? I have NC 4.1 installed on my laptop so I can easily upload it to my D70.........

There's a slight misunderstanding, you bring the curves, I upload them, this is for folks who don't have NC and/or their trial version expired already :)

Ajit, just do a search on google for 'D70 curves' or 'D100 curves' and you'll get quite a few. The one I'm using now is Komin's, but have found Oldskool's curves to also be quite nice. Can find out more here:

GYR

Hey, you don't have to be so explicit in your language lah.

What you mean by you bring the curves and you upload them.

Another Tiko guy. :blah:

Oops... Sorry espn...I got it all wrong..... Thanks for the link Gymrat76 ....

agape01 said:
Hey, you don't have to be so explicit in your language lah.

What you mean by you bring the curves and you upload them.

Another Tiko guy. :blah:

What's so explicit about bringing the curves and uploading? :think:

Unless.... u are the TIKO guy. :blah: :blah: :blah:

I can already visualize this: tml many ppl will bring their Nikon cameras down, thinking they can upload espn's curve, and no one will bring their own curve.... :D

Astin, that's the impression that I had before (ppl bringing their Nikons down, thinking they can upload espn's curve) :D ......

Let me ask a silly question.... How can you create your own curves when you do not have Nikon Capture ? or is it that you download these curves from internet & espn will upload it into your D70's & D100's ?

Hur.. the list is still empty, my curve? Better not, to each his own, my curve might not suit others.

You'd be better bringing curves you want to upload, mine is suited to my own liking and might not be for you. :)

Ajit said:
Astin, that's the impression that I had before (ppl bringing their Nikons down, thinking they can upload espn's curve) :D ......

Let me ask a silly question.... How can you create your own curves when you do not have Nikon Capture ? or is it that you download these curves from internet & espn will upload it into your D70's & D100's ?
There are many curves on internet. Mostly are from overseas websites. You want intro? Mind you, this is like stepping into a black hole, you would never come out alive..... :devil:
ooops, espn gonna hit me, better run far far away...... :devil:

Hi Espn
hope to catch up with you this time
can have your curves instead still have not load up the capture software yet. :think:

espn said:
Eh??? You all bring the curves better... :D I don't know what curves you all want. Frankly, I using my own customised curve and I don't have others.

Btw, my laptop oni has CD/DVD-ROM, no RW as much as I wish :(

aguppy :kok: Then u come down and sit, just don't talk :devil:

Nick
===========
1)Idworks
2)
3)
4)

I advise against using my curves, because basically you have no idea what it's going to do for you and you probably might not like my output as well.

:) do a search on google as advised and bring along a curve you'd want to use.

Nick
========
1) IdWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.