Curves

Status
Not open for further replies.

denizenx

Feb 1, 2002
L2TPYSG
Visit site
P2027972.JPG

I can see what you were attempting, however this one is so technically flawed that it should be tossed in the trash thanks to that rather large ugly finger obscuring the top left of the shot.

www.kodak.com has an excellent beginners guide to photography that you might like to read. A bit more time spent behind the lens rather than posting banal comments is needed methinks :devil:

Originally posted by Ian
I can see what you were attempting, however this one is so technically flawed that it should be tossed in the trash thanks to that rather large ugly finger obscuring the top left of the shot.

www.kodak.com has an excellent beginners guide to photography that you might like to read. A bit more time spent behind the lens rather than posting banal comments is needed methinks :devil:

:D okok... ;p

Originally posted by denizenx

:D okok... ;p

although I know it's not anywhere near *there* yet, but what could have been done or added/removed besides the *ahem* "human rain cover"?

Even so,
after the crop, when you look at the shot, what does it say to you? I hope you don't mind me saying so but the colours look flat (and yes, i know it's a over cast day) and there is nothing to really "anchor" the shot.

Too man distraction along the sides as well.

An old maxim i would adhere to is, if cannot shoot,
then don't shoot.

Was once told that it was easier to shoot, than not to shoot if you know that the scene cannot bring out a positive shot....

I hope this doesn't come across as being harsh but if you could get the scene in better light, with a subject just turning around looking back into your camera, or something to that effect, it might come across better?

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Even so,
after the crop, when you look at the shot, what does it say to you? I hope you don't mind me saying so but the colours look flat (and yes, i know it's a over cast day) and there is nothing to really "anchor" the shot.

Too man distraction along the sides as well.

An old maxim i would adhere to is, if cannot shoot,
then don't shoot.

Was once told that it was easier to shoot, than not to shoot if you know that the scene cannot bring out a positive shot....

I hope this doesn't come across as being harsh but if you could get the scene in better light, with a subject just turning around looking back into your camera, or something to that effect, it might come across better?

hmmm I think u didn't "get" the pic.. dun blame u hehe...
this was meant to be abstract, showing just an expanse of curves... in fact the more generic and flatter texture the better, where nothing BUT the lines are accentuated...
but u're right man, there's too much clutter esp the top sides..

sigh back to the LCD... ;p

now this is a real boliaoz(quoting yourself) shot.. no offense but i've taken accidental shots that look better than this.

Originally posted by maddog
now this is a real boliaoz(quoting yourself) shot.. no offense but i've taken accidental shots that look better than this.

:) yeah I sounded real defensive huh?

This post isn't targeted @ Anyone. Pleas treat this as a friendly reminder.

Lets not let this get out of hand k? :)
Lets talk about the picture and how it can be bettered.
No flames from anyone please.

Thank you. :)

hehe.. i think denizenx can handle it. anyway i have his interest at heart. we all want to be better photographers don't we. fyi, you guys can criticize any of my shots anyway u please. no problemo.

Maybe it would be better if

1. U would show the whole curve of the winding road
2. Turn the shot in to either B&W or Sepia mode

Cause like the previous posts, this image lack of punch and impact.

Just my 2cents..............

Originally posted by maddog
hehe.. i think denizenx can handle it. anyway i have his interest at heart. we all want to be better photographers don't we. fyi, you guys can criticize any of my shots anyway u please. no problemo.

*sob sob*
ok lah it was a 30 sec shot ;p
not good nvm, got next time...
since I shot it of cos I see more good than bad ;) else wdn't have shot it...

no need to argue..

as for lacking punch.. hmm that one must see lor, the scene itself must be opportune... serendipity LOL.. my fave word...

Status
Not open for further replies.