Curtain raising in F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Kahuna

Dec 15, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Yoh guys, I am a big fan of F1....personally I like BMW and Juan Pablo Montoya but last few years their performance has been dissapointed judging on the development of their engine :think:

Anyhow...this year round Renault & BAR has been consistently building up the pace in the preseason.....so who do you guys think will pull one off in Melbourne this weekend? :dunno:

My money is on Jenson Button...his first winner in his F1 career :thumbsup: Agree? :lovegrin:

My fave football team and F1 team are both red in colour. :)

The new rules and regulations certainly suits Jensen's style of driving but I dun think B.A.R is up to it yet. Maybe a few more races. McLaren will prob give Ferrari a run for their money in the 1st race. But its alot of factors must be considered and it might be down to luck thou. :)

According to pre-season testing, the fast ones are McLaren and Renault. B.A.R and Williams play catch-up and Ferrari never shows its true potential.

afbug said:
My fave football team and F1 team are both red in colour. :)

The new rules and regulations certainly suits Jensen's style of driving but I dun think B.A.R is up to it yet. Maybe a few more races. McLaren will prob give Ferrari a run for their money in the 1st race. But its alot of factors must be considered and it might be down to luck thou. :)

According to pre-season testing, the fast ones are McLaren and Renault. B.A.R and Williams play catch-up and Ferrari never shows its true potential.

My fav football team is also red...there are two very famous red and are big rival.....so not sure if we are friend or foe :D

Actually I wanted to say kimi but I hate to admit I support Montoya more but so far he never shown his aggresion and form like he used to in BM...maybe he needed more time to familiarize with all the buttons on the Mc steering :bsmilie:

Remember Coulthard? He's such a conservative driver he'll like the rules too... ;)

nickmak said:
Remember Coulthard? He's such a conservative driver he'll like the rules too... ;)

I don't think so....I felt he never had the hunger to win any race during his Mclaren time.....it's even harder now without the machinary advatage unless he is the luckiest one on the field with all other crashes out :dunno:

Big Kahuna said:
My fav football team is also red...there are two very famous red and are big rival.....so not sure if we are friend or foe :D

Actually I wanted to say kimi but I hate to admit I support Montoya more but so far he never shown his aggresion and form like he used to in BM...maybe he needed more time to familiarize with all the buttons on the Mc steering :bsmilie:

Hmmm......i din see you over at the liverpool thread. I like the :devil:

The rules keep changing till i also blur liao. I think from now on, its 1 engine per weekend and dunno how many sets of tyres. These regulations will favour the driver that has a smooth driving style eg Jensen. Maybe it will not suit Montoya unless he tone down.

Renault's Giancarlo Fisichella got pole position in the 1st qualifying.

Big Kahuna said:
Yoh guys, I am a big fan of F1....personally I like BMW and Juan Pablo Montoya but last few years their performance has been dissapointed judging on the development of their engine :think:

Anyhow...this year round Renault & BAR has been consistently building up the pace in the preseason.....so who do you guys think will pull one off in Melbourne this weekend? :dunno:

My money is on Jenson Button...his first winner in his F1 career :thumbsup: Agree? :lovegrin:

Me a Big Fan of the Formula One too. This year would be interesting with the rule changes.I think old style drivers before all the techno stuff came into the scene will find this change to their liking and advantage. Less about the car and more about the driver. But I think Shummi will still dominate but from the rear I am hopping for my other two favorite to come in strong and maybe take over the crowd from Shummi. They being Barrichello and Jenson. Montoya to me is a lost hope since his inflated ego is still in higher gear since 2 yrs ago when he was held up for being the next big thing when he came in second to Shummi. Montoya is good but he is not that good in my view (Kimi's better then him in my view) and too reckless like Sato heheh. And talking about Sato, it would be amusing to see how many more engines he will burn out this time heheheh. Hope this year David C. will prove his critics that he still has some good years of racing left in him.

Whatever the outcome for 2005, this will be a very interesting year man. I am staying glue to the telly...no photography on race days for me.

my favourite team is mclaren, interested in f1 sports many years ago when mika hakinen was in mclaren.

though i supported mclaren, i hate david coulthard.
he make me feel tactics from team mclaren rather than skills help him get good placing.

montoya i feel he is quite a rogue driver. hope he is a good boost to mclaren this season

I dun like to affiliate with any team....driving or football :bsmilie:
May there be surprises....who dares win! :thumbsup:

I said so.....remember mother nature :bigeyes:

Saturday/Sunday
Tonight and Sunday Mostly cloudy with a few showers clearing during the day. Fresh southwesterly wind moderating.
Current Temperature: 15 C
Forecast Max: 18 C
Wind Direction & Speed: WSW at 4 knots
Humidity: 63%
Pressure: 1014.7 hPa

Anyone wear black....dark horse mah ;)

I've been interested in F1 since Prost was with Ferrari. Fell in love with Ferrari and its history.

But the image that capture me most about F1 is seeing the late dare devil Ayton Senna in his Marlboro McLaren Honda. I like it so much that I bough the model car and built it. :)

Damn! just saw the replay of the qualifier and..looks like Sato did not disappoint me...he already wreck his car in the qualifying rounds. Bwahahah......aiyo ah-no-neh...nihonjin Sato san!!... heheheheh

Well Toyota is quoted as having the second larger budget for this 2005 formula 1 season...so I guess they will have enough to keep building new cars for Sato heh..

sammy888 said:
Damn! just saw the replay of the qualifier and..looks like Sato did not disappoint me...he already wreck his car in the qualifying rounds. Bwahahah......aiyo ah-no-neh...nihonjin Sato san!!... heheheheh

Well Toyota is quoted as having the second larger budget for this 2005 formula 1 season...so I guess they will have enough to keep building new cars for Sato heh..

Heh heh Sato is the entertainer. Without him, F1 will not be so interesting. :bsmilie: Still watching the qualifers now.

Its an open secret bout Toyota's budget. But F1 is not like football, you cannot buy instant success in F1. Toyota will need to get at least a few seasons under their belt before they have the experience and knowledge to challenge the big boys. Thats the beauty of F1. My prediction is that Toyota will need about 7 seasons before they can win the constructors' championship. ;) This is their 3rd season. A decade to dominance! But but i'm sure the prancing horse will have something to say. :bsmilie:

And, its expensive to maintain Sato. Having him is like having a wife!

afbug said:
Heh heh Sato is the entertainer. Without him, F1 will not be so interesting. :bsmilie: Still watching the qualifers now.

Its an open secret bout Toyota's budget. But F1 is not like football, you cannot buy instant success in F1. Toyota will need to get at least a few seasons under their belt before they have the experience and knowledge to challenge the big boys. Thats the beauty of F1. My prediction is that Toyota will need about 7 seasons before they can win the constructors' championship. ;) This is their 3rd season. A decade to dominance! But but i'm sure the prancing horse will have something to say. :bsmilie:

And, its expensive to maintain Sato. Having him is like having a wife!

That's quite true about Sato. I remember last year he was really trying too hard to get into the top 3 podium finishes when F1 was held in Japan. But Sato being Sato...he tries too hard, takes way too much risk pushing his engines too hard and blew it his chances.

Actually I think it might take Toyota less then 7 seasons to gun down the big boys. This might not be the year to do it but each year they are getting better. They sure do have the cash to buy better drivers if they need to but it is the area of car building that if they can get that edge going for them by learning from past mistake and yes...buy more talented engineers too..they just might pull it off. For Toyota to dominate the way Ferrari did would be impossible. That might well go the same way for Ferrari too. As the rules start to bring racing back to it's original core where it is more about the driver first and then the car....well it will be interesting and I think each year every and any team has a chance to win it. They have already in the last couple of years started taking off technological aided stuff from the car. For the older drivers this is going back to basics. For the younger ones who has been depending so much on these "toys" to get them through a race, they will have to adapt or fade out...to make room for those who could.

Looking at the qualifiers...with the new rule of one set of tires per race...alot will depend on the weather too man. Just look at what dry weather tires can turn into when it is used in wet weather. Cars were dancing all over the place even with drivers wrestling with the steering. It will be interesting how Shummi will battle from the back to get to the front of the pack....if he could at all for this race anyway. heh.

Today qualifying was full of surprise.....and Fishichella might have the luck and car to pull one up....lets see how the table turn tomorrow :thumbsup: Two round qualifying really make the race more interesting IMO :thumbsup:

But as usual....the traditional big team and the old horses shown the way liao...I am quite dissapointed with the smaller team like Jordan or even Red bull....I felt the rookies are not as good as what we seen the rookie years of Mark Webber, Kimi, Massa etc :think:

sammy888 said:
That's quite true about Sato. I remember last year he was really trying too hard to get into the top 3 podium finishes when F1 was held in Japan. But Sato being Sato...he tries too hard, takes way too much risk pushing his engines too hard and blew it his chances.

Actually I think it might take Toyota less then 7 seasons to gun down the big boys. This might not be the year to do it but each year they are getting better. They sure do have the cash to buy better drivers if they need to but it is the area of car building that if they can get that edge going for them by learning from past mistake and yes...buy more talented engineers too..they just might pull it off. For Toyota to dominate the way Ferrari did would be impossible. That might well go the same way for Ferrari too. As the rules start to bring racing back to it's original core where it is more about the driver first and then the car....well it will be interesting and I think each year every and any team has a chance to win it. They have already in the last couple of years started taking off technological aided stuff from the car. For the older drivers this is going back to basics. For the younger ones who has been depending so much on these "toys" to get them through a race, they will have to adapt or fade out...to make room for those who could.

Looking at the qualifiers...with the new rule of one set of tires per race...alot will depend on the weather too man. Just look at what dry weather tires can turn into when it is used in wet weather. Cars were dancing all over the place even with drivers wrestling with the steering. It will be interesting how Shummi will battle from the back to get to the front of the pack....if he could at all for this race anyway. heh.

Thats very true. All the changes in rules are aimed at Ferrari. To stop them from dominating the sport. But Ferrari is very strong in 'Tactics'. No other team is better than them in this aspect. They had won many races thru very good tactical decisions.

To ask toyota to dominate like what Ferrari did is very unfair. But i still think they need about 7 seasons to win the constructors' chmpionship. To win a race is of course much easier. It might happen this season with luck. Ralf is not too bad a driver.

Big Kahuna said:
Today qualifying was full of surprise.....and Fishichella might have the luck and car to pull one up....lets see how the table turn tomorrow :thumbsup: Two round qualifying really make the race more interesting IMO :thumbsup:

But as usual....the traditional big team and the old horses shown the way liao...I am quite dissapointed with the smaller team like Jordan or even Red bull....I felt the rookies are not as good as what we seen the rookie years of Mark Webber, Kimi, Massa etc :think:

Hmmm......Webber and Kimi is indeed very good. Tough to match them. Massa was in a inferior car, maybe he will do better in a bigger team. Give the rookies a few races, then maybe that will be a fairer way to judge them.

Red Bull, Jordan and Minardi.......hmmm......dun expect too much from them la. Their budget is not as big as the big boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.