Currently have D40, Should buy D90 for upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamiru

Mar 20, 2007
Hi guys,

i have a D40 for ~2yrs. Is it an upgrade f i get D90?

Hi guys,

Of cos its an upgrade. My fren recently upgrade from D60 to D90. :) Depending on ur budget and what kind of equipment u want. I wud say D90 sharpness is as good as D300. Its ISO noisy is second best after D3.

1 significant reason to upgrade to D90 is the on body AF motor.
That's quite a limitation for those wanting to use lenses like 50mm 1.8
and many 3rd party lenses.

D90 is very responsive you won't regret :thumbsup:

Hi guys,

Hi guys,

Its more of an update rather then an upgrade. Other then the built in motor, the D90 simply is higher spec D40 with more performance and has the 5min limit 1280x720 hd, mono sound recording.

if your lens set is already built in motor or you prefer to use Manual focusing, kinda no point to get the D90. If your wallet can afford it, i would say D40 to D300 only then can use the word Upgrade if you find yourself wanting to go into other field of photography like outdoors and sports and you need faster frames.

In my opinion, if your D40 still can do the job.. why change at all.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Hi, Do you have any other lens besides your kit lens?

If you do not have another, I would suggest getting a fast lens like the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 DC EX HSM first. There will always a better body to come any way, so what's the hurry in upgrading your camera body now?

On the othet hand, you find some other limitations on your camera body, then going to a new body would work too, but I seriously doubt you have hit the limit of the body yet, but lenses' limit if you are just having the kit lens now.

Hi, Do you have any other lens besides your kit lens?

If you do not have another, I would suggest getting a fast lens like the Sigma 18-50 f2.8 DC EX HSM first. There will always a better body to come any way, so what's the hurry in upgrading your camera body now?

On the othet hand, you find some other limitations on your camera body, then going to a new body would work too, but I seriously doubt you have hit the limit of the body yet, but lenses' limit if you are just having the kit lens now.

I am thinking whether to upgrade. But due to economic recession, and also like what u guys suggest, D40 can already do the job. Think will stick on to it for now. Anyway i just bought the tamron 28-70mm 2.8f last week. Really like its performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.