Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
d700 US$2999
5dmk2 US$2699.95
a900 US$2699.99
d3 US$4599.95
d3x US$7999.95
1dmk3 US$7199.95

anyway i look at it, the Sony A900 looks like the best value for everyday usage since its sensor is more or less the same sensor used by the d3x among other things. For specialized usage, each to their own choices.

although the A900 is a very good camera (as are the others), isnt it likely that anyone buying one of the above FullFrame cameras already owns cameras, and therefore may, for example have nikon lenses and because of it be biased toward the nikon (however much the price).
:sweat:

although the A900 is a very good camera (as are the others), isnt it likely that anyone buying one of the above FullFrame cameras already owns cameras, and therefore may, for example have nikon lenses and because of it be biased toward the nikon (however much the price).
thats quite true....if first camera or havent invest heavily in lens then should be okay-lah.

Why is the D700 priced higher than the 5DMKII? Reason is simple....
"It's a Sony".....;)

Why is the D700 priced higher than the 5DMKII? Reason is simple....
"It's a Sony".....;)
d700 is a nikon. sony a700 is not full frame.

errrh maybe he referring to the CMOS sensor inside? heard is that sony is the maker of nikon's camera sensor
Only the d3x 24-megapixel sensor is admittedly made by Sony. if the d700`s sensor is also made by Sony, would be very un-Sony for them to make something they cannot use.

Last edited:
Only the d3x 24-megapixel sensor is admittedly made by Sony. if the d700`s sensor is also made by Sony, would be very un-Sony for them to make something they cannot use.

nixontkl is right. More or less Nikon's DSLR's sensors are made by Sony.

i might be wrong, but i think D700 and D3's sensors are not from sony.
so far only 2 sensors in the consumer market has been calibrated to iso25600. the D3/D700 sensor and the 5Dmk2 sensor.

Well, I know a lot of people who bought a lot of lenses while using minolta film cameras. They're now happily switching to the A900.

Also, I know several Canon shooters buying the A900+CZ135 for the stunning details, tonality and great DR without highlight clipping.

There are also <$100 film cameras which are 35mm FF or MF...In less than 10 years time, all the cameras on your list would also be $100 while the film camera would still be worth $100.Which has more value for money?

There are also <$100 film cameras which are 35mm FF or MF...In less than 10 years time, all the cameras on your list would also be $100 while the film camera would still be worth $100.Which has more value for money?

You're assumption is dependent on companies still making film in 10 years? Kodak, one of the biggest film companies stopped making film a few years ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.