Curious young mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

jitwq

Jun 11, 2009
shanghai45of46.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
I would like feedback on the composition.

2. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

the emotion i wanted to bring out was the curiousity of children.

This photo was taken in shanghai while waiting to be checked on from the hotel. This picture wasnt what i had in mind as i wanted to boy to look towards me with the help of his mom. but it failed. i opened up the aperture to smoothly blur out the background without removing it or else the picture will be too bland. due to time constraint this was the best photo from the rest.

3) What i thought could be improved
i find the shadow under the boy to be pretty distracting but at the point of time and event i couldnt do much about it.
i should have taken the shot showing more details on the right(outside the glass panel) to show what the boy was distracted by.

Second time on CC. Please feel free to CnC. ;)

Nice capture on the boy expression, but I notice OOF... the focus was on the chair wooden armrest instead of the boy. :(

on the positive side is you've definitely captured the moment.

-ve side is tht 1. its slightly OOF 2. from the pic, i didn't know the boy was curious abt something unless u've mentioned it. 3. u can give a bit more backgrd abv the boy, jus felt it wld be better.

jus my 2 cents worth :)

Agree with the above. Don't worry about the shadow. You have captured the cuteness and the innocence of the kid.

Won't it be nice if you have a F2.8 lens with u when capturing this shot. Using blurry bokeh to remove the distraction behind the photo and draw the attention onto the boy ... : )

Won't it be nice if you have a F2.8 lens with u when capturing this shot. Using blurry bokeh to remove the distraction behind the photo and draw the attention onto the boy ... : )

He used already f/1.8, see exif data. I guess TS used center focus point and shifted then.

Idea...
If the intended subject is a little blur, unsharp mask him and make the rest blur!!

Status
Not open for further replies.