Curious Pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

dominator

Mar 7, 2005
Amazon Forest
Trying out some cross process on this pair of curious birds :eek:
Not sure if result works for rest of you, comments welcome :)

Argh...I know the framing is abit slanted ;p

Pair-1.jpg

the cross processing did not work for me... the colour of the parrots is somehow weird and the feathers lost the structure..

the cross processing did not work for me... the colour of the parrots is somehow weird and the feathers lost the structure..

Thanks for you comment. Maybe the cross process does not work for you.

However the pair of lory parrot is in original color. I have layer them off separately. :)

Dont think cross process is an issue, but maybe more basic stuff like contrast and exposure on the main subjects namely the birds. The details are all lost on the birds and we have just a pair of bird-shaped flat red thingy.

I rather not use automated stuff like downloaded actions for PS. Once you know how to fine tune a picture for exposure and contrast, you have started a long way to do all sort of things and not just cross processing which is something passe I think in this digital age.

good effort! you really captured a interesting moment! :thumbsup:

Trying out some cross process on this pair of curious birds :eek:
Not sure if result works for rest of you, comments welcome :)

Argh...I know the framing is abit slanted ;p

Pair-1.jpg

i think the composition is really great. the slant aids in making the shot fun looking. anyway what were they curious about? u?

the colour scheme does attract me alittle, reminds me of Technicolor movie.

nice expression from your subjects, but the tilt of the frame does not work. it's too little a tilt to have any relation to the birds' posture, it'll be better having a straightened frame for the birds to juxtapose against.

haha! they make me curious too!
why do they have their head slanted like that.
anyway, i feel that the slanted rectangle sort of adds to the feel.
makes it not so serious. imagine if it were straight. kinda lost its feel right?

do u have the original image of this piece of work? at least i think like that we can compare how dif isit from the start to now. :) it'l b nice too hehe

overall .. i like the natural expression of the birds. very interesting composition

Thanks all for replies and comments ;)
I am birds lover, when I saw them both slant the head it caught my attention too.

As for the framing, ok la..slant abit to make interesting although may not appeal to some. :)

I took this using tamron 17-50mm at 50mm...and got to crop in further before I can get this frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.