Curious over 3rd party battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker

Mar 18, 2003
SG
Visit site
A friend of mine has been using K10D for a while and was asking if there is any 3rd party battery as he is planning to get the grip.
Since he's not those into forum and stuff, i like to ask the fellow Pentax users if there is any?
If yes, price?

Thanks on behalf on my friend for the info!

A friend of mine has been using K10D for a while and was asking if there is any 3rd party battery as he is planning to get the grip.
Since he's not those into forum and stuff, i like to ask the fellow Pentax users if there is any?
If yes, price?

Thanks on behalf on my friend for the info!

Original Pentax battery isn't that expensive. Bought mine for about $60+ from MS Color. IMHO that is quite reasonably priced for an original pack compared to Sony, Olympus, Canon etc which usually start from $100.

can use minolta np400 iirc

Original Pentax battery isn't that expensive. Bought mine for about $60+ from MS Color. IMHO that is quite reasonably priced for an original pack compared to Sony, Olympus, Canon etc which usually start from $100.

Ditto on this. I got the original one at MS color for $60 :) Had a third party one before, but it didn't last as long as the original one, although it's marked as 1700mA.

Thanks all for the input. Will pass the info to my friend.
BTW, it's confirmed that NP-400 is the same as the battery for K10D. :)

Cheers!

Ditto on this. I got the original one at MS color for $60 :) Had a third party one before, but it didn't last as long as the original one, although it's marked as 1700mA.

totally agree with your statement. original is > lasting than the 3rd party ones.

Definitely agree on this as i have used some good 3rd party and original is still somehow lasting despite the lower mAh... strangely...
A plus point is that the original for my friend's camera is not as costly as other brand... making the choice easier...
Have just advised my friend on it. Guess he will get the original afterall.

Thanks again! For all the infos! Happy weekend!

It's not the same, but they are compatible :D

that's debatable, the samsung gx10 which is a clone of k10d had a promo picture on their website showing it with minolta np400 battery

i m using 3'rd party Battery "Camera Device" at price S$28 (NP-400 7.4V 1800mAh). below is some info for you.

Original Battery : 7.4V 1620mAh
3'rd party Battery : 7.4V 1800mAh

After Charge
Original Battery : - 8.23V
3'rd party Battery : - 8.34V

After Charge (2 week later)
Original Battery : - 8.12V
3'rd party Battery : - 8.01V

used without flash
Original Battery : - capture up to 900 picture-1050 picture (between 2-3 day)
3'rd party Battery : - capture up to 1000 picture-1200 picture (between 2-3 day)

i m using 3'rd party Battery "Camera Device" at price S$28 (NP-400 7.4V 1800mAh). below is some info for you.

Original Battery : 7.4V 1620mAh
3'rd party Battery : 7.4V 1800mAh

After Charge
Original Battery : - 8.23V
3'rd party Battery : - 8.34V

After Charge (2 week later)
Original Battery : - 8.12V
3'rd party Battery : - 8.01V

used without flash
Original Battery : - capture up to 900 picture-1050 picture (between 2-3 day)
3'rd party Battery : - capture up to 1000 picture-1200 picture (between 2-3 day)

It's good to know there are some good third party batteries. The one I bought from eBay (marked as 1700mA) could only take 500 pics in a day or two. Didn't get chance to test how long it'd hold the power ...

Anyway, the geniune Pentax one doesn't cost that much. 2 batteries would last me for 2k over clicks w/o flash, good enough for a 10 days' trip :)

Cheers!

Where can I purchase this battery please?
Bought one from Cathay and it died on me in less then a year.

You can try asking those camera shops. Think i spotted some Camera Device's battery over at TK Photo last few weeks back. I'm sure some shops does carry this brand.

You can try asking those camera shops. Think i spotted some Camera Device's battery over at TK Photo last few weeks back. I'm sure some shops does carry this brand.

I bought a 3rd party(PISEN) NP400 from OP for $30. I'll give some feedback on it over the weekend:)

Almost brought that on my last visit there. But hold back when i thought of cheaper Camera Device... :p

Almost brought that on my last visit there. But hold back when i thought of cheaper Camera Device... :p

:bsmilie: I'm quite impussive whenever I go there. As long they give me the service, I tend to forget about comparing price. I really want to get a macro lens from them, but their price is quite a bit more than local price:( Going to convience my gf to let me get a bigma from them:embrass: I need find a good reason:think: lol

Seem slike you quite extreme...
One end looking at 3X:1 macro... on the other end looking at bigma... :D

Seem slike you quite extreme...
One end looking at 3X:1 macro... on the other end looking at bigma...

Macro is my passion, I'm very close to commit to Tamron 90mm instead of waiting for Tokina 100mm:bsmilie: My gf understand my passion for macro, but I can't find a good reason for bigma:bsmilie: Not much place in Singapore to use that lens:sweat: She's going to scream if I say things like I want to spend $1.5k to take shots of moon:bsmilie: Like most photographer, I like to have a range of lens available while collecting dust.:bsmilie:

She's the one helping me control my LBA

Status
Not open for further replies.