Culture or Abuse ??

stonefish35

Mar 26, 2005
Is this culture or outright abuse of animals ?
I find this as questionable as the Jap's "scientific research" in their justification of whaling , which is also part of the Jap's "Culture " and the "Fashionable" wearing the Mink coat.

Warning : Link contains graphic ( and sometimes bloody ) or objectionable content

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/the_festival_of_san_fermin_201.html

Is this culture or outright abuse of animals ?
I find this as questionable as the Jap's "scientific research" in their justification of whaling , which is also part of the Jap's "Culture " and the "Fashionable" wearing the Mink coat.

Warning : Link contains graphic ( and sometimes bloody ) or objectionable content

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/07/the_festival_of_san_fermin_201.html

it is abuse for sure!

well... to them its a sport...

right or wrong it depends on culture, religion, believes and the values.

just a quick show of hands, who has never killed an ant before? or ate meat.
sometimes violence are just behind the scenes. this happens to be one that we can see only so we are kinda disgusted.

Many of the so-called animal welfare activists should become vegetarian if they are truly concern for animals. :bsmilie:

What you think is right or wrong may not be perceived as what people may think is right or wrong in other cultures. In some culture, stoning and beheading women who got raped is "right" while to others it may be a human rights violation.

Often than not attempting to enforce your ethics and values upon other cultures often result in disastrous consequences.

well... to them its a sport...

right or wrong it depends on culture, religion, believes and the values.

just a quick show of hands, who has never killed an ant before? or ate meat.
sometimes violence are just behind the scenes. this happens to be one that we can see only so we are kinda disgusted.

Everyone have killed ants, unless the person do not walk or the wheelchair do not roll at all.. What is the different with , being stepped on and having an instant death, and being tortured and have the legs being pulled out 1 by 1... ?

I had stopped eating shark's fin soup after i started diving, and watching a video of how the fins ended up at the wedding dinner tables. Unless the sharks can be farmed commercially, I do not see myself eating it again. Of course this is only me. I am not saying, everyone should follow. Do what you believe in. I just do not believe I need to eat the fins of those sharks that were " de-limbed " and thrown overboard to drown at the seabed

Many of the so-called animal welfare activists should become vegetarian if they are truly concern for animals. :bsmilie:

I'm not an animal activist, I love plants, thats why I'm eating my meat and love my steaks :bsmilie:
Whats the difference with eating farmed meat and killing animals for the pure fun and "cultural" reason of doing it ?

Last edited:
What you think is right or wrong may not be perceived as what people may think is right or wrong in other cultures. In some culture, stoning and beheading women who got raped is "right" while to others it may be a human rights violation.

Often than not attempting to enforce your ethics and values upon other cultures often result in disastrous consequences.

I find your words to be very true, and is very much needed in today's situation, in order to maintain global harmony. :thumbsup:

But can we accept the headhunting culture ( not those corporate headhunting:bsmilie: ) of the tribes in the jungles of Papua New Guinea or Sabah, in modern societies like New York, Singapore or Shanghai ? Its cultural to the tribes... but to the rest ?

What disturbed me is that, we always see and heard europeans talking about human rights, animal rights in the press. But yet, such " cultural" activities are still happening in their backyards....

I find your words to be very true, and is very much needed in today's situation, in order to maintain global harmony. :thumbsup:

But can we accept the headhunting culture ( not those corporate headhunting:bsmilie: ) of the tribes in the jungles of Papua New Guinea or Sabah, in modern societies like New York, Singapore or Shanghai ? Its cultural to the tribes... but to the rest ?

What disturbed me is that, we always see and heard europeans talking about human rights, animal rights in the press. But yet, such " cultural" activities are still happening in their backyards....
Headhunters only kill when they have a war.......they don't kill for 'pleasure'......so, it is similar to the wars some countries/groups are having now in this world.

Cry..........:cry:

Abusing:nono:

It's an Culture, we can't do anything:dunno:

Anyway, Good Photo Work:thumbsup:

Thanks for Sharing:)