culture in CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once I am in agreement with what you have posted.

Asian societies tend to work on the Monkey Troupe model. There will always be one dominant alpha male with subordinate beta males and then the females.

In layman's terms - a Tai Kor Tai (literally translated 'Big Brother Big') and his Sai Lohs (Small Fellas).

Remember a certain someone (now departed thankfully) that filled the role of the dominant alpha male?

Just for your info, are you sure that alpha male is gone?

Only the nickname is changed, he is still around watching you.

subordinate? haha... u dun know half the story. we scold him behind the scenes not out in the open like u. do the frens ard him like his attitude both off and online? nope. not all the times. but, the very least was dat he rendered service to one and all (in MOs, outings etc..) in CS at one time or the other. wat abt u? wat have u done for the good of CSers, except to generate ill-will among CSers?

me guilty? sure. but at least i dun do it so confrontationally. and for sure, i dun insult other people's manhood. rest assure, i'm very much happy in my masculinity. all my parts are working in good order. my wife can be the first to testify. dun know abt u tho, assuming u are a man.

oh yeah. lets say whenever u open ur mouth abt g-lenses, u have the people at nikon sg laughing in derision. really. this, i'm not kidding.

cheerios. i rather not get into a mud-slinging match with u on a monday morning. me? i rather go out and shoot some thing, to practice my skills rather than just paper-talk abt it.

You are ridiculous. First of all, being one of his cronies, of course you would be communicating or scolding him offline or 'behind the scenes', and me not being in his sphere of influence (Thank God!) would have to chide him openly.

Obviously your scolding had no effect on him (which confirms your beta male status or that he has a thick skull or small brain) as he continued his nonsense regardless of your "efforts".

Excuse me, the ill-will was generated with thanks to your Alpha male independent of my efforts. There are many others like myself who are happy to be rid of him - you just don't know it. They wouldn't tell you would they? This is because they know you are one of his kaki. :)

While I may not have organised outings, I have openly given advice in many areas.

Please, I can if I wanted to, I could go back through the archives to give you examples of times where you were very rude to TSers or Posters on certain posts. Your high and mightly approach to answering queries thanks to the courage accorded to you by your "King" made you just as guilty of brow beating.

oh yeah. lets say whenever u open ur mouth abt g-lenses, u have the people at nikon sg laughing in derision. really. this, i'm not kidding.

Hey, let them do so! I couldn't give a flying hoot to what you wankers think or do in your own gear wankers forum (wanking obviously being one of them).:bsmilie:

Alas, espn's efforts to steal members from the Nikon subforum hasn't come to much.

My aim is to inform the newbies and ignorant of the disadvantages of G and DX lenses. And not let you Techno louts present just one side of the story; thus barracking them into buying the latest and not necessarily the greatest. I'm at least alerting them to the possible disadvantages of doing so.

I've noticed too that there is a possible conflict of interest in that one your close friends has much to gain if you guys push the purchase of the latest and esp expensive High End Nikon lenses like your troupe's favourite - the 70-200VR.

Oh good, thanks for confirming my suspicions.

It just that he has become so quiet like a PUSSY cat, recently.
Oh goody! Lets hope it remains that way.:D

How come from that thread tok until this one?

Sigh... tell admin ban everyone, wipe the slate clean and restart CS again. Izzit possible?

P/S: Too bad cannot plus one. :bsmilie:

Oh good, thanks for confirming my suspicions.

It just that he has become so quiet like a PUSSY cat, recently.
Oh goody! Lets hope it remains that way.:D

i think that was uncalled for

clause: i am not one of "his" royal subjects, only a view form an independant observer

i think that was uncalled for

clause: i am not one of "his" royal subjects, only a view form an independant observer

er.. what was uncalled for? saying that he has been as quiet as a PUSSY cat?

Ortega - who are you kidding? you too are one of them.

er.. what was uncalled for? saying that he has been as quiet as a PUSSY cat?

Ortega - who are you kidding -you are also one of them.

yes calling him a pussy cat and stirring up trouble, arn't you behaving like an alpha male now?

me? one of them? only shows what you know.
do a search, and find out yourself.

keyword "shooting RAW"

yes calling him a pussy cat and stirring up trouble, arn't you behaving like an alpha male now?

me? one of them? only shows what you know.
do a search, and find out yourself.

keyword "shooting RAW"

Hey, I just replied to Sion's post - That Knight Rider chap took offence at what I said. I didn't even mention that someone's name. I just said recently departed and Alpha male.

So whose is really to blame?

Come on, you have supported his antics from time to time.

Come on, you have supported his antics from time to time.

i have played along yes,

although i am not a follower, but neither am i an enemy
you got to admit that sometimes he is very helpful

another keyword for you "SBS shareholder"

i have played along yes,

although i am not a follower, but neither am i an enemy
you got to admit that sometimes he is very helpful

another keyword for you "SBS shareholder"

But that doesn't discount the numerous times he has been overbearing and shouted down the advice given by others.

Did a search and found the thread - pretty mild IMO. It looked as though you were edging him on to post more OT.

But that doesn't discount the numerous times he has been overbearing and shouted down the advice given by others.

aiyah, open forum mah
don't like, just ignore lah

see you accuse me of being a "subject" and i did not bite back at you right?
chill my CS friend

aiyah, open forum mah
don't like, just ignore lah

see you accuse me of being a "subject" and i did not bite back at you right?
chill my CS friend

:bsmilie:

if only everyone treats photography with the same amount of passion shown in the quarrel sessions ;p

:bsmilie:

if only everyone treats photography with the same amount of passion shown in the quarrel sessions ;p

;) internet problem, ppl get more direct and brave behind a nick mah

clause: ortega is my name, not just a nick, it is in my NRIC you know

Tetrode, is there anyone you actually LIKE here?

sure u claim you give advice, esp on the G vs D vs VR vs the rest of the world issues, but to me it looks like you think you're higher and benevolently giving advice to the less fortunate. i would like to see if you actually treat someone at your level, and actually call a friend.

i am wondering becos i have plenty of friends that we treat each other on the same level, and i got to know them from here.

perhaps you are an island. of course, i would expect your reply NOT to be "yes i'm sorry i see the light now" but u know.. i thot i'd just give it a shot.

;) internet problem, ppl get more direct and brave behind a nick mah

clause: ortega is my name, not just a nick, it is in my NRIC you know

:bsmilie: anyway i'm as direct online as offline, for those who hate me for that, too bad :devil:

joho also my name wat...

JOnathan HO... no bluff, just short form! :bsmilie:

:confused: not the same lah
if i looked in the phone book i would not be able to find you.
if you looked in the phone book, you are sure to find me

maybe after a few calls if you don't know my first name :D

Status
Not open for further replies.