CTE slowdown

Should the ERP gantry be relocated to the PIE exit?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Everyday i use the CTE to get home from work, (towards SLE)
and i noticed that the EMAS sign always says the same thing.

"Slow traffic up to the PIE exit"

So the traffic congestion seems to be from cars going to the PIE via the CTE
so why is the ERP (evening) gantry on the CTE in the first place?
I would think that it should be relocated to the exit to the PIE

What do you ppl think?

Yes/No

I also do the same path ! But the ERP is a band aid on an open wound.

It will not solve much.

Just makes the Ghamen happy.

yeah i know, but why punish the cars that are not causing the congestion in the first place.

Do you notice that the traffic is much better once you pass the PIE exit?

ortega said:
yeah i know, but why punish the cars that are not causing the congestion in the first place.

Do you notice that the traffic is much better once you pass the PIE exit?

once pass PIE exit, traffic better, after ERP gantry and reaching Braddel / AMK Ave 1 exit, slows down again. Looks like the gantry only helps to clear traffic for a small stretch :sweatsm:

well... guess "they" will make more money.. :dunno: this is call strategically located :sweat: maybe

sundazz said:
well... guess "they" will make more money.. :dunno: this is call strategically located :sweat: maybe

shifting to pie exit? no no no, if you need one, the garment will add. bear in mind, ADD, not relocate.

the jam up to that exit is precisely becos of the ERP charges. People want to avoid that gantry so all will want to exit CTE just before the gantry and change to upp s'goon rd. So many cars but only 1 lane exit then how? Jam.....

Coincedentally it's the PIE exit as well. So it's easier to put on the signage that says up to PIE than to say up to "Upp Sgoon"

LTA has collected enough money from all road users in Singapore. For this part of the CTE,

(1) They should improve on the exit to PIE,
(2) Remove the ERP gantry and
(3) Educate the driver on the proper use of express way.

ortega said:
Everyday i use the CTE to get home from work, (towards SLE)
and i noticed that the EMAS sign always says the same thing.

"Slow traffic up to the PIE exit"

So the traffic congestion seems to be from cars going to the PIE via the CTE
so why is the ERP (evening) gantry on the CTE in the first place?
I would think that it should be relocated to the exit to the PIE

What do you ppl think?

Yes/No

To make your ERP worth while than go by PIE home also lor...:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ahbeng said:
shifting to pie exit? no no no, if you need one, the garment will add. bear in mind, ADD, not relocate.

i agree with you.. sooner or later once you leave your home car park, you are actually entering into a grantry.. granty will be everywhere. :confused:

Naga88 said:
LTA has collected enough money from all road users in Singapore. For this part of the CTE,

(1) They should improve on the exit to PIE,
(2) Remove the ERP gantry and
(3) Educate the driver on the proper use of express way.

yes, this suppose to be the way.. but this way they wont make any $$$ and instead spend more $$$... so dont think they will do tat :dunno:

They shld just erp all the slip roads. Use the expressway pay toll, just like other countries. :bsmilie: I'm fed up of the morons who slow traffic down everyday on the PIE so that they cross the gantry after 9.30am without the need to pay.

:nono: money saving is not a moronic behaviour.. passing the gantry everyday and paying $1 will cost you $20 extra every month.

Status
Not open for further replies.