CT Reviews F828: Available now??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pianodancer

Sep 15, 2003
Singapore
chester.sg
Hi people,
Today I saw a review article of F828 on Computer Times. According to the report, it retails at $1799 and is 'available from authorised Sony dealers'. Does that mean it's already on sale NOW... NOW??!

Just finished scrounging around and ordered 3 units but can only collect on Friday evening.
Heard from kaki in Sony (dunno true or not) that they only brought about 100 units - so better get out quick and snatch them from the shelves.
Btw, Del_CtrlnoAlt - you collect your 828 liao right? How is it?

Inimatad said:
Just finished scrounging around and ordered 3 units but can only collect on Friday evening.
Heard from kaki in Sony (dunno true or not) that they only brought about 100 units - so better get out quick and snatch them from the shelves.
Btw, Del_CtrlnoAlt - you collect your 828 liao right? How is it?

ya... one of the 3 is mine :)
Del_CtrlnoAlt already posted pictures at his website liao at
http://www.del-ctrl.com/gallery/Del_2021122003

I also saw the NEWS. It should have, if you really love this cam. I am still trying the Night shots without tripod. Tips here. Used White B, NO AUTO. Or u may try using AW SIGN. :cool:

Hi people!! Long story first. I was shopping around Sim Lim this afternoon and saw a few shops displaying the F828 on the shelves. But thinking that they probably did not have the stock, I went in to one of the electrical shops on the 2nd floor (opposite AP) and asked for the price skeptically. I was pleased when the guy said it is available and costs $1700. I left and went to AP thinking that maybe they have stock, but the boss said no. I told him that a shop quoted me $1700, he said good buy, since many shops outside are selling $1799. But he told me if I can wait, he definitely sell cheaper by $50.

So I before I left for Sim Lim, I decided to drop by another shop near the pedestrian traffic light crossing towards OG. There is this new Audio House branch there (used to be a VCD and handphone accessories shop). I walked in and waited for a damn long time coz no one is free to serve. Finally, I checked out the sales guy for the F828. And without bargaining, he quoted me $16xx. Great price!! I bought it without even checking the camera (fortunately in great condition)!!

So much for the long story. For you guys out there, head for the shop quick and get your PRECIOUS!!! (Is it sold out already?)

I won't bore you guys on my first-hand experience in using the cam. I'll do that on another forum thread once I get it fully charged.

i walked aroung sim lim today and did not get to see any 828 on the shelves =(

JaGr said:
i walked aroung sim lim today and did not get to see any 828 on the shelves =(

before Christmas, the main door from the overhead bridge, the outside Electric shop of your right hand corner. There is a SONY Show case, there have 1 set. But Yesterday i saw no more there. :confused: :eek:

That's the shop that I bought mine from. Lucky I never hesitate... really limited stock, sia.

Once I got time, I will try to do a review and post on this forum...

I was at Sony Square (Woodlands Domestic) around 8pm today and was told only have 2-3 units left.

yupz...official price of 1799 ....and i signed for their extended 5yr warranty too......cos i think i wun change cam within this 5 yrs ....no money liaoz....:(

the salesguy told me only got 3 sets........1 sold yesterday nite, 1 reserved, i took the last set........it appears i was lucky as the customer wanting to buy this last set overexceeded his credit card limit so he cannot buy...
dunno how true...:p

baiyun said:
yupz...official price of 1799 ....and i signed for their extended 5yr warranty too......cos i think i wun change cam within this 5 yrs ....no money liaoz....:(

the salesguy told me only got 3 sets........1 sold yesterday nite, 1 reserved, i took the last set........it appears i was lucky as the customer wanting to buy this last set overexceeded his credit card limit so he cannot buy...

Did u buy your's at Harvey Norman at Funan Ctr ? I've bought the second last set ! :bsmilie: Didn't preorder thru CP ... ... Just walk in and plonked down my hard earn cash. Heart pain :cry:

baiyun said:

Of course it's not true, how can you have a credit limit of 1799 only???

mine bought at west mall, just discovered one problem, they spell my surname wrongly in the receipt..later got to go down and ask them to correct it, otherwise my extended warranty will have problems claiming..... :(

as for credit limit, maybe thay guy used the card elsewhere and so exceeded credit limit lor......eg X + 1799 > 5000 so exceeded :)

Status
Not open for further replies.