CSer come in please ..I want ask something about SG DSLR shop...

kilin009

May 29, 2009
Hi,
Brother,sister,anti and uncle。

I want buy DSLR..
But now have a question about pay...

Some shop tell you can without GST. and some shop tell me with GST must.
You know..If I buy canon 550D..It's about $1200.If with GST..About more $70.
May be I can use this $70 to buy a new lens if I add money..

So I want know...
If buy W/O GST,Any affect about warranty? any different??

PLS tell me .TKS..

I like CS..

whether with or without gst, you bet the shops would have factored that in.

no, no difference with warranty.

If some shop tell me can without GST. I buy W/O GST,No affect about warranty. no different
and if some shop tell you with GST must. You buy W/ GST,No affect about warranty. no different
I can buy canon 550D.. I can use this $70 to buy a new lens if I add money..
You buy W/ GST. You can also buy canon 550D.. You no $70 to buy a new lens..

I like CS too.

;p

GST = GOODS and Services Tax

buying goods in Singapore, especially if you live in Singapore, without paying GST is illegal.
Some shops quote you price incl GST.
Some shops quote you price without GST.

I like CS too! :)

THANKS # 2 and 3.4.

You are a lighthouse on my DSLR road...

I like CS and CSer...

When comparing prices, just calculate everything with GST. If the store say no need GST, it means the price is already including GST. If store say must add gst, take out your calculator (or handphone) and take the price quoted and multiply it by 1.07. Select the one that with the lowest final price.

Before you buy anything remember to check the price guides for a reference.
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Hi,
Brother,sister,anti and uncle。

I want buy DSLR..
But now have a question about pay...

Some shop tell you can without GST. and some shop tell me with GST must.
You know..If I buy canon 550D..It's about $1200.If with GST..About more $70.
May be I can use this $70 to buy a new lens if I add money..

So I want know...
If buy W/O GST,Any affect about warranty? any different??

PLS tell me .TKS..

I like CS..

If buy W/O GST then the shop might try to chop you on filters.Maybe $100 for a $20 filter.So do beware:)

BTW,everyone here likes CS.If he/she dosen't like,why be a member?:bsmilie:

Under the GST ACT , all GST registered companies in singapore must qoute their prices inclusive of GST. They are not allowed to qoute you the pre GST price and later tell u to pay $XXX GST more.

You can report any shops or companies doing that . But having said that , reporting also no use as its so difficult to catch and prove as its often your words against the shop's.

Generally guide is , if you think you are getting too good a deal , ask again. Got inclusive of GST ? Got include charger and other assessories ? ( Sometimes they will tell u charger need to buy seperate ...... ) and check for original warranty cards !

If buy W/O GST then the shop might try to chop you on filters.Maybe $100 for a $20 filter.So do beware:)

BTW,everyone here likes CS.If he/she dosen't like,why be a member?:bsmilie:

Tialimpeikong!

Limpei dont like CS, only join to kaopeikaobu hahaha! Song, CS shiok ah

Yes there are shops that do not charge GST is because their revenue is short of S$1m per year or something like that. There is a lot of admin on GST, and hence this helps your mom and pop stores not to have such cost of doing business. For a camera shop, I will be surprised if it doesn't have GST, as the turnover will not have make them competitive nor viable to remain in such kind of business. I can understand small hawker, but electronic goods? I am doubtful.

Yes there are shops that do not charge GST is because their revenue is short of S$1m per year or something like that. There is a lot of admin on GST, and hence this helps your mom and pop stores not to have such cost of doing business. For a camera shop, I will be surprised if it doesn't have GST, as the turnover will not have make them competitive nor viable to remain in such kind of business. I can understand small hawker, but electronic goods? I am doubtful.

yeah, selling cameras seldom has revenue short of $1m/yr. I think it will be likely that they have factor the cost in.

When they quote you without GST, they will add the GST amount when u pay.

aiyoh... the comment sounded like it was in jest, though perhaps it was just a wee bit out of line...

Based on his history of posts, seems to have a tinge of trolling...

aiyoh... the comment sounded like it was in jest, though perhaps it was just a wee bit out of line...

Based on his history of posts, seems to have a tinge of trolling...

Yes, indeed a troll. Got 2 major infractions before but still persisted.

Well, he was a funny one :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Caveat Emptor - Exercise caution when the deal seem to good to be true