CS5 queries

cydonianknight

Nov 28, 2009
www.flickr.com
hey everyone, i'm a newbie with photoshop and i have the following two queries.

1. in the case whereby you edit a photo in a specific manner, through the editing of layers, adding contrast and etc and wanting to keep that setting, to be saved and reapplied to other photos in the future, how does one go about saving the photo setting?

2. while trying to do the above mentioned, i came across an online tutorial(which didnt work) and it taught me to delete some default styles which i deleted and now i'm trying frantically to recover them(yet again the tutorial told me that this delete is not permanent -.-).

i'm currently using photoshop cs5 on a mac. anyone knows how to solve any of the above problems please help me!

hey everyone, i'm a newbie with photoshop and i have the following two queries.

1. in the case whereby you edit a photo in a specific manner, through the editing of layers, adding contrast and etc and wanting to keep that setting, to be saved and reapplied to other photos in the future, how does one go about saving the photo setting?

2. while trying to do the above mentioned, i came across an online tutorial(which didnt work) and it taught me to delete some default styles which i deleted and now i'm trying frantically to recover them(yet again the tutorial told me that this delete is not permanent -.-).

i'm currently using photoshop cs5 on a mac. anyone knows how to solve any of the above problems please help me!

hi,

(1) you can use actions, try to google about it, it is quite easy to use.

(2) not aware of what this is...? do you have the online tutorial?

Each adjustment layer (curves, hue/sat, etc.) has an icon at the top right that rolls out a menu. One option on that menu is to save your settings as a preset. If you do that on each adjustment layer, you can load those presets for subsequent images.

preset.jpg
preset2.jpg

THANK YOU EVERYONE :):)

i manage to record it as an action and have successfully applied it! :)