cs2 batch resize

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
if i have a group of pics which i want to resize, is there a shortcut to resize all of them in one go?
please help.

if i have a group of pics which i want to resize, is there a shortcut to resize all of them in one go?
please help.

Same layout?
Try using Actions.

what I did was when i process my photos, i leave them in landscape format even when I crop them. Then I use my recorded action to resize them to (800x553) my choice. Go to file>>automate>>>batch

select the action and the files or in my case the whole folder. Viola... all my files resized and saved in another folder. You have to record yr action accordingly.

i also use batch action to put signature in my photo.

nikon view resize function is not bad but limited to certain size only.

guys, please be more specific can?i tried using scripts, then image processor, but cant seem to work.:cry:

in details pleaseeee?:embrass: :cry:

IIRC, you have lightroom right? Why don't you use that to resize instead? So much easier.

also dunno how...sigh...
dun give up hope on me please...:cry:

guys, please be more specific can?i tried using scripts, then image processor, but cant seem to work.:cry:

in details pleaseeee?:embrass: :cry:

Here you go...

1. Start Photoshop CS2

2. Select File -> Scripts -> Image Processor
a dialog box will come up.

3. Under the section that says "1. Select the Images to Process", click on the "Select Folder" button.
Specify the folder where your images (big sized ones) are located.

4. Under the section that says "2. Select location to save processed images", click on "Select Folder" button.
Specify the folder where you want the resized images to be saved.

5. In the section that says "3. File Type", select "save as JPEG" and most importantly click on "Resize to Fit"
Specify the quality of the JPG images
Width and Height of the images

Optionally, if you have stored some actions, such as drawing borders, putting signatures etc. etc. etc., you can Run that Action too at the end. That's in Section that says "Preferences".

6. Click on the Run button.

If you have hundreds of images, go get a coffee ;p

If this doesn't work, I don't know what to do. It works for me.

Hope this helps.

Here you go...

1. Start Photoshop CS2

2. Select File -> Scripts -> Image Processor
a dialog box will come up.

3. Under the section that says "1. Select the Images to Process", click on the "Select Folder" button.
Specify the folder where your images (big sized ones) are located.

4. Under the section that says "2. Select location to save processed images", click on "Select Folder" button.
Specify the folder where you want the resized images to be saved.

5. In the section that says "3. File Type", select "save as JPEG" and most importantly click on "Resize to Fit"
Specify the quality of the JPG images
Width and Height of the images

Optionally, if you have stored some actions, such as drawing borders, putting signatures etc. etc. etc., you can Run that Action too at the end. That's in Section that says "Preferences".

6. Click on the Run button.

If you have hundreds of images, go get a coffee ;p

If this doesn't work, I don't know what to do. It works for me.

Hope this helps.

THANKS asterix!wah....u still want me to teach u cs2?now u know how noob i am.:bsmilie:

now that u brought me into borders and signatures, can i ask u how do i save such actions?

THANKS asterix!wah....u still want me to teach u cs2?now u know how noob i am.:bsmilie:

now that u brought me into borders and signatures, can i ask u how do i save such actions?

Buy magazines and read them... they give good tips on these occasionally.

Dec 2006's copy of the Professional Photographer teaches on the Actions, Batch Processing as well as Droplets.

Jan 2007's copy of the Practical Photography also teaches on Actions.

Basically, what you can record as an Action :

Main menu items
Layers
Selections
Fill/Gradient Tools
Loading/Saving
Type Tool

What you can't record :

Brush Tool
Dodge/Burn
Clone Tools
Pen Tool
Zoom/Hand Tools

Naah. I think this is all noob stuff.
For me the real stuff is to fix or enhance photos, special effects, retouching portraits etc. etc. you know what i am talking about, right ? ;p The problem is i don't know when to stop working on an image :cry: Anyways,...

As to record Actions, its quite simple. I've tried it to create borders and put the same text like your signature, copyright notice etc. in all the images.

If you've recorded a macro in Microsoft Word, the concept is the same. You record a sequence of actions on one image and it can be saved as an "Action". Then you can run this "Action" on another image or any number of images.

What I did was this.
1. Open a photo.
2. Open the Actions Palette (Select from the menu : Windows -> Actions or Press Alt+F9)
3. Click on Create New Action button at the bottom of the Actions window. Its the 2nd icon from the right.
You will be prompted to name the Action and assign any shortcut key for this Action.
4. Now go on to do whatever that you want to be applied to every image. for example, draw a border, place a copyright symbol etc.
5. When you are done, click on the Stop icon in the Actions Palette (the first one on the left side, which looks like a gray square)

Voila, you are done.

To test what you've recorded,
1. open another image
2. If you had assigned a shortcut key, just press that. Otherwise, go to the Actions Palette, Select the action and click on the Play button.

You will see the steps being performed automatically...
It gives me a thrill to see someone work for you. khee khee khee.

Some tips to share based on what I've learned
1. If you have hundreds of images to process, put only that information that is common across all the images.
2. If you are using Actions to create borders, create one set for Landscape photos and another set for Portraits.
3. Try to work on images that have the same size to start with.

I don't process hundreds of images (still learning to take photos ;p), so I open my photos one at a time and run through the actions. BTW, you can selectively turn on or off some of the steps that are part of your action. I still don't know how to copy some steps from one action to another :embrass: Still learning lah...

Good luck and hope you have a good week ahead.

Cheers.

zac, thanks for advise.
but i've been buying too many magazines already.
i dont buy those photography magazines because too mcuh adverts.:p

just like top gear and car mags, i love them but just look at the amount of adverts in it.aiyo!

asterix,
i'll try when i have time.

sigh....at the pace i am learning cs2, i think cs10 out already i still dunno 50% of the former.
i can only dedicate half a day over the weekends to do psing...sigh...:cry:

Well, since you got your CS2 answer, here's my answer for lightroom.

Select the photos you want to resize, then click on Export.

Select the path to which you want to export and abt 2/3 way down on the right you see a checkbox with an option to contrain the photo to a certain size. Check that and enter the size you want to keep you photos to and export the photos.

Simple!

Well, since you got your CS2 answer, here's my answer for lightroom.

Select the photos you want to resize, then click on Export.

Select the path to which you want to export and abt 2/3 way down on the right you see a checkbox with an option to contrain the photo to a certain size. Check that and enter the size you want to keep you photos to and export the photos.

Simple!

i got it.thanks!:kiss:

i love LR.but too bad it's not as powerful as cs2.

Status
Not open for further replies.