CS SAM day 1

Alamak! Even for this one there are 'aeroplanes' as well?????

erm.. yah. francis247, catcus jack, adam and i were wondering where they were at 10+am today... :dunno:

which means whoever wants to set up a stall, just come down and look for the mods sitting outside the glass hall downstairs lah? we assume those who earlier signed up for today as MIA.

Really enjoyed my time there. The talks and workshops are truly educational and inspiring. Thank you to all the admins, mods and lecturers there.

ok i cui already. cannot wiat for ed to upload the group photo liao. i shall go sleep first:) cya tmr if i can make it!

yes, i feel the same. I thought there's suppose to be a flea market for the B&S but didn't see any trading going on:dunno:

didnt exactly catch this part about the focus lock. I think he said something about shutter button should not focus, and use the AF-ON button instead. And there was a setting to set it, if im not wrong. But cant figure out where to set this thing.

Didn't manage to attend the talks and wouldn't be free to attend them tomorrow either. But thanks to ed9119 for the morning photowalk. :thumbsup:

I was there too around 2+. it was quite crowded.. well done CS!
:thumbsup:

enjoyed the photowalk yesterday morning but kinda spoilt by the ruckus from those security guard opposite Jacobs XXX Center. Till now still wondering whats the big deal about this building that they forbid ppl to shoot? The security guard even threaten to call police and sue us for shooting. Anyway the building isn't attractive to me, so i did not even bother to shoot a single shot.

real tired... nearly fall asleep during the wedding and travel photography workshop but managed to keep awake and learnt a few new things :bsmilie:

actually, except for Ed and BananaDiver (whom i met previously in previous shootout), i still dun know the rest :x sorry if i appears to be a bit anti social :X cos most of the time i dun really shoot in groups, prefer alone or not more then 3.

anyway i am the guy wearing green t-shirt and grey bermudas, carrying a green sling bag and tripod (the tripod is actually for last nite NDP fireworks shoot in case you are wondering why i carry tripod but never used it haha).

Last edited:
enjoyed the photowalk yesterday morning but kinda spoilt by the ruckus from those security guard opposite Jacobs XXX Center. Till now still wondering whats the big deal about this building that they forbid ppl to shoot? The security guard even threaten to call police and sue us for shooting. Anyway the building isn't attractive to me, so i did not even bother to shoot a single shot.

real tired... nearly fall asleep during the wedding and travel photography workshop but managed to keep awake and learnt a few new things :bsmilie:

actually, except for Ed and BananaDiver (whom i met previously in previous shootout), i still dun know the rest :x sorry if i appears to be a bit anti social :X cos most of the time i dun really shoot in groups, prefer alone or not more then 3.

anyway i am the guy wearing green t-shirt and grey bermudas, carrying a green sling bag and tripod (the tripod is actually for last nite NDP fireworks shoot in case you are wondering why i carry tripod but never used it haha).

U saw the flag on Jacob Ballas center ?
An Israel flag

didnt exactly catch this part about the focus lock. I think he said something about shutter button should not focus, and use the AF-ON button instead. And there was a setting to set it, if im not wrong. But cant figure out where to set this thing.

For Nikon, it's under settings f2, can set the AF/AE lock to AF-ON. Canon should have something like that also, Nikon names the setting "Assign AE-L/AF-L button" (if i can remember correctly). But the higher end bodies have a separate AF-ON button. 50D has it, not sure about D90

yep. used it as rueyloon suggested. tested it out on tharman later in the night yesterday. the focus lock helps a lot. now need to get used to it

yep. used it as rueyloon suggested. tested it out on tharman later in the night yesterday. the focus lock helps a lot. now need to get used to it

How does it help? I've tried it and I felt it didn't make much difference except making me use my thumb more lol

How does it help? I've tried it and I felt it didn't make much difference except making me use my thumb more lol

i'm not sure... this is wad i felt:

when u half press, u lock ur focus when ur using the default right? but the exposure will change as ur moving. rueyloon's one seems to lock the focus, independent of the exposure, which allows u to move andkeep a constant distance from ur subject and shoot, and also having right exposure.:think:

cause tharman quite dark skin, so i focus liao i just lock it, then keep constant distance from him and shoot:think:

anyone can advice more? i think i am wrong

I was there for the wedding shoot talk too but din stayed for the model shoot, cos goto rush to another appiontment.. was a bit disappointed to see no B&S individual sellers turned out but enjoyed trying out the Nikon D3s in the glass hall and look at some bags, pic of Zeiss lens and dry cabinet, good price on the dry cabinets and got more eneloop batteries! nice event overall i feel :)

Thanks to all the mods who take the effort to organise everything!
@allen: you going down again later? enjoy it cos I won't be free to go down..

@everyone: take more photos n post them up!

I was there for the wedding shoot talk too but din stayed for the model shoot, cos goto rush to another appiontment.. was a bit disappointed to see no B&S individual sellers turned out but enjoyed trying out the Nikon D3s in the glass hall and look at some bags, pic of Zeiss lens and dry cabinet, good price on the dry cabinets and got more eneloop batteries! nice event overall i feel :)

Thanks to all the mods who take the effort to organise everything!
@allen: you going down again later? enjoy it cos I won't be free to go down..

@everyone: take more photos n post them up!

i dunno. gotta see my parents liao:sweat: by right today shld be down at yog office for the volunteers. but i soo tired. so decided against going:sweat: