CS Online Mag wants you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremyftk

Jun 24, 2005
Eastern Singapore
That's right! ClubSnap's very own Captured! is looking for for members to fill the spots in the editorial team.

If you see a position you like below, drop me a message and I'll arrange an Interview for you! Please note that due to the limited number of spaces, not everyone will be shortlisted.

Jeremy
Marketing & PR
Captured!

Dy Marketing & PR - My assistant slave *joking*... To help me look out for events and photo ops. Also, to liase with any parties involved with the magazine.
Events Manager - The thinker who comes up with events and/or photo ops.
Dy Events Manager - Assist the Events Manager if he/she cannot tahan...

Art Director - The mastermind behind the design of the Mag. The look and feel rests in the hands of this chosen one...
Dy Art Director - Help the Art Director, though not to be abused by the AD... Cover any other areas/tasks which the AD cannot handle.
Production Manager - This person will work closely with the AD and editors to produce the mag. Job scope would include FA Artist and Acrobat(PDF) Designer. This person must have and know how to use Adobe InDesign/Acrobat

And most importantly... Writers. I need several types which I will list below.
Chief Writer - In addition to writing, this person will research for articles to write and subsequently assign them to the writers. Editors still trump this person I must warn...
Journalists - Will work with Photo-journalists to cover events which Captured is covering. Coverage is to include an article as well.
Photo-journalists - Will work with Journalist to cover events. Note that these may be Adhoc as well. (i.e: Members from CS)
Article Writers - In charge of writing articles. *Durh* Articles will be discussed by the editorial team and handed out by Chief Writer.
Reviewers - The fun part. If we can actually get hold of new gadgets to review, voila! You can have some fun with it, but above all, you must produce an accurate report/review after the fun is over...

So remember, if you're interested, drop me a line and I'll get back to you asap... Cheers!

To clear up a few questions and misunderstandings in the last thread, the CS mag is purely voluntary and no one gets paid... Anyway, the mag is free and no subscription charged. So I think you have an idea of our financial position. However, do note that the financial matters of this magazine will be managed by the CS Admin team.

Also, this is a CS project which has been in the pipeline for some time. The only thing is that it has never gotten anywhere due to members going MIA... So we are not totally autonomous or running independent from CS.

Full time or part time job, I cannot say for sure. The only thing I can say is that this is a quarterly project so things might get busier nearer to the deadlines...

And lastly, the Ed and Dy Ed are Kaywalk and Zaren respectively... Although I will be taking the Ed spot for now till they return from their personal business.

hee hee, i bet that reviewer spot is going to overflow.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
Really? can tell me the exact things that reviewer need to do?
Er... Take whatever we can acquire out for a 'test drive' and report on how you feel about the product. The good and bad points will be a must. If you can give us statistics and technical details, it is an option but not a must.

The most important thing is I want first-hand experience views...

Also, many thanks to all who PMed me. I will sort it out over the weekend as I have a very busy weekend ahead.

You should hear from me by next week.

Cheers!

u looking for full time? bcos i know someone who just grad from a uni recently. she is looking for a job. she studies media thingy.

Paul_Yeo said:
u looking for full time? bcos i know someone who just grad from a uni recently. she is looking for a job. she studies media thingy.

your fren eat grass for living? this 1 not paid leh... :think:

jeremyftk said:
Er... Take whatever we can acquire out for a 'test drive' and report on how you feel about the product. The good and bad points will be a must. If you can give us statistics and technical details, it is an option but not a must.

The most important thing is I want first-hand experience views...

add me to reviewers then... thanks!

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
add me to reviewers then... thanks!
cool. now we have singapore-based professional cam reviews.:) (not refering to those poor reviews by straits times)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
your fren eat grass for living? this 1 not paid leh... :think:

OH, didn't know! then cannot liao as she is looking for a career, after her uni studies loh

good chance to build resume, work for free first
get nice title and work experience on resume

once in a lifetime chance

Any position for proof-readers/fact-verifiers? :)

hi. so how's the feedback like? any posts full already?

Sion said:
What about cover boys? There are more than a few talents in CS. :)

i recommend u be in the centrefold... we take pic of you with your DSLR... clubmate of the month, then clubmate of the year... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.