CS is bo liao?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
after been with CS for about 1.5 to 2 years, recently, i ask myself about continuing its membership. apart from kopitiam, my area of interests are quite narrow. contribution in these areas are few too. in kopitiam, the threads are quite bo liao too. btw, these are my sentiments now.

reachme2003 said:
after been with CS for about 1.5 to 2 years, recently, i ask myself about continuing its membership. apart from kopitiam, my area of interests are quite narrow. contribution in these areas are few too. in kopitiam, the threads are quite bo liao too. btw, these are my sentiments now.
what is "bo liao"?

reachme2003 said:

Since when people intellectualise, brainstorm, analyse with insight and pondering about issues of the day in a real life kopitiam? Without the social interaction of CS Kopitiam life could be a bit on the dull side for us. We have redefined "Bo Liao" into an art form in Kopitiam.

I am sure behind the scene we are shooting as seriously and productively as any other photographer. Kopitiam is a breather. Don't let that fools you.

We talk about non-essential bo liao stuffs in Kopitiam because we have too much of photography in real life. I have produced 58 digital stills since Friday night and hope to squeeze in a few more later in the day when I have finished PSing the first lot. In between that also contributed a few Bo Liao posts. :sweatsm:

This is not about CS. It is about how you take photography as an intergral and essential part of your whole being. If you don't work at photography in your spare time CS is just an uninspired place with inspired motorshow dream girls who wear too little and smile too much. :bsmilie:

reachme2003 said:
Hmm... Well, it depends on urself actually.

CS is my bastion of sanity. Whilst I do find some questions a little bo liao (ok lah, I oso got ask bo liao questions), but den dats wad's kopitiam's for right? Since when kopitiam become a place for absolutely serious discussion? ;p

All of us need to take a break frm work, frm photography at times. Mindlessly rambling abt stuff is one good way to 'release' at times. :)

kopitiam is like those coffee shop talks .. take a break man ... why be so serious over here .. :dunno:

CS is for interactions and informations seeking ... at least that is what i feels ... :bsmilie:

below the Clubsnap logo, on the top left hand corner of the page, it says photography community. not kopitiam community. what u expect? this is where we come to talk about anything but photography, we being avid photographers...this is not sgforums or some other general forum
=)

just a virtual place to spend my time when i'm bored at home or in office.

I am NOT 'bo liao'! By the way, what does it mean?

Sion has summed it quite well, apart from Kopitiam, this forum is still about photography, albeit some threads and pics becoming alittle more like 'sggirls'.

But there are other threads still interesting enough to validate it to call this a photo forum...........Clubsnap is not only the Kopitiam!

Sorry if you are not feeling at home anymore.........hope you stay here with us. Be a little less serious, life already so serious lah! Have a little laughter here and there, makes you happier and healthier! Ever heard of endorfines?

Hong Sien

i am concur with you that CS is for interactions and info seeking.

well, kopitiam is not like coffee shop talks. in coffee shop, there are no one else to stop what one is saying or say something on a subject matter other than the person himself.

KNIGHT ONG said:
kopitiam is like those coffee shop talks .. take a break man ... why be so serious over here .. :dunno:

CS is for interactions and informations seeking ... at least that is what i feels ... :bsmilie:

Hmm, what is your motivation for voicing your opinion? :dunno:

It is not related to photography, yet it is not really serious talk since it relates mostly only to you (since it's your personal feeling).

Anyway 'bo liao' means 无聊, which means 'of no meaning or substance'.

Thanks for sharing your real feelings about CS, but we cannot change CS for you. Neither can we change your feelings. A community evolves over time because new people coming in and old people leaving--it's something beyond everyone's control. IMHO, CS is still serving it's intended purpose where local (and overseas) photographers touch base.

I'm not trying to stir up sh--, but what would you like us, as a community, to do?

reachme2003 said:
well, kopitiam is not like coffee shop talks. in coffee shop, there are no one else to stop what one is saying or say something on a subject matter other than the person himself.

Not really, there is also the neighbourhood samseng with the beer bottle. Or try standing on the table at 85 market and shout "Merdeka!" 3times while facing G division HQ.

nothing really.

Ah Pao said:
I'm not trying to stir up sh--, but what would you like us, as a community, to do?

freedom of speech?

Zerstorer said:
Not really, there is also the neighbourhood samseng with the beer bottle. Or try standing on the table at 85 market and shout "Merdeka!" 3times while facing G division HQ.

reachme2003 said:
freedom of speech?
So what do you wish to say? Just type it out all at one shot and let everyone see.

You can't say there is no freedom when you don't seem to speak at all.

Just post around, join outings and make new friends. Just go out and have fun. I've made quite a few friends in cs liao. :)

Another "Bo Liao" post to a "Bo Liao" topic.
;p

Think the others have said it well. Sometimes, there just need to be a channel for ramblings about irrelevant stuff, else it would be all too dull. Lightened up, dude!

Just curious, what are your "narrow" area of interests?

what are possible consequences if one does that?

Zerstorer said:

reachme2003 said:
what are possible consequences if one does that?
You can't really say what you like with no repercussions anywhere.

Not in CS, not in real life.

Now, would that be a surprise to you?

i am referring to shouting "Merderka" three times in front of a police hq. what possible consequences if one does that?

Zerstorer said:
You can't really say what you like with no repercussions anywhere.

Not in CS, not in real life.

Now, would that be a surprise to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.