CS bicycles and cyclist thread II

petetherock

Oct 9, 2006
This thread is for all bicycle discussions in CS. Please share your info, tips and related discussions here.

Here is the older thread: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/472352-CS-bicycles-and-cyclist-thread
No idea why the mods closed it, and there was no information on this or justification for this thriving thread which serves to spread and share information on bicycles, and related information.

I will try and port over the useful information from the older thread here.

The place to get IF bicycles:
http://www.ewalker.com.sg/
Look for Fu De, a very helpful and friendly sales rep.
Got my IF Urban 700C form there
http://www.ewalker.com.sg/?p=12

700c1.jpg

I believe it's because the thread has reached the maximum 50 pages or 1000 posts. Happens to all the thread from what I reckon :)

Last edited:
E Walker is doing another cycle, those who are keen to try out the IF range of bikes should visit them on 5th August at 7.45pm...

E Walker is doing another cycle, those who are keen to try out the IF range of bikes should visit them on 5th August at 7.45pm...

I'll be visiting Singapore in a few months. Where can I ride in Singapore at a leisurely pace? Do I have to ride on the road (even if I don't have a hardcore roadbike)?

No idea why the mods closed it, and there was no information on this or justification for this thriving thread which serves to spread and share information on bicycles, and related information.
Hi Pete, from my understanding the thread was closed as it has exceeded 1000 posts. This was done in order to optimise performance by reducing stress on the Clubsnap servers from over excessive data request.

:)

Last edited:
I'll be visiting Singapore in a few months. Where can I ride in Singapore at a leisurely pace? Do I have to ride on the road (even if I don't have a hardcore roadbike)?
I like the Peirce Reservoir area.
It's all road.
The Sembawang area is also nice, but you can obviously look up the East Coast Park Connectors, except that that will be more crowded.

I gave up cycling some time back to fund my shift into photography.

Went from a Kona Kikapu to GT Zaskar Team and then to a Trek 1500 SLR before getting my own DSLR...

Want to start riding again but can't decide what kinda bike to get!

Maybe a fixed gear might be good... hmmm....

There's a group that organise ride every Sun and mostly on Park Connectors. The speed is around 18~25 km/hr. If you want to know more about Singapore, then this ride will enhance your knowledge. This is the link : www.lovecyclingsg.niceboard.com. Majority of the riders uses Folding Bike but all other types are welcome too.

I'm back after a month's break. Hope to get a morning ride with you the forum people (Old boy, Pete etc.)
The first ride we had was some two months ago (a mid-nite ride). This will be a road ride and you can use
any kind of bike. We don't care the type of bike you have but we care that you take the interest to join us
to ride together as a group.

In the course of my recreational riding I have met riders who keep on changing bikes to meet the demands
of their ego. Recreational cycling is all about making friends, enjoying the breeze while you are up on the
saddle and having the ability to be free at that moment while the bike is in motion. How you achieve
this is greatly due to how you steel the handle bar to the direction you want to go...........simple isn't it?

Recreation riding success is based largely upon four factors: (Please add on if you have others factors to share)
1) Good networking
2) Evidence of building bonding and trust
3) Regular organized rides for better quality enjoyment and fun.
4) Programs that catering for future endurance and performance according to each and every individual rider
pace and riding need and condition.

So we like to invite you the beginners, amateurs or advanced riders to meet the challenge. Come to our
second recreational ride to meet new friends, future riding buddies and enjoy leisure time over a cup of coffee
at regular interval in any part of the island along our riding routes.

2nd Recreation Ride

Date: Sunday 7th August, 2011 :thumbsup:

Meeting Place: Toa Payoh Library concourse (opposite Toa Payoh CC, Toa Payoh Central)

Time: 7.15am
:heart:

Types of Bike: MTB, Roadbike, Market bike, Foldable bike, or single gear bike.

Duration of the Ride: about 4 hours (the ride will end at about noon time)

Suggested riding goal: To reach Changi Village or other destination from the meeting place

Main theme of the Ride: Slow, steady and leisurely obeying road traffic laws at about 20-25 kmh.

Essential items for all riders: Helmet, proper attires, shorts/pants for riding, riding shoes or sport shoes
(no clogs or other stuff), sunglasses, sun blocks, drinking water, etc

Bicycle must be equipped with: Effective braking system, proper tire pressure and mini bicycle repair tools.

Riding defensive is the only way to ensure safety and all riders are to take into considerations of all
safety precautions. :thumbsup::):heart:

Interested riders can add on their names and contact number here:

1. forward (91453958)
2. Isaac
3. Smaerck

Last edited:
Hi Forward,
I am seriously ill and down with pneumonia. Think I have to lay off exercise for some weeks. Wish you success in organising this ride !

Hi Forward,
I am seriously ill and down with pneumonia. Think I have to lay off exercise for some weeks. Wish you success in organising this ride !

Oh dear, please take good care of yourself!

I'm sorry to hear that Old Boy, please take care and rest well.
May God have mercy on you to have a speedy recovery.
Will inform you of our progress through this thread.

Love,

forward

Last edited:
2nd Recreation Ride

Date: Sunday 7th August, 2011

Meeting Place: Toa Payoh Library concourse (opposite Toa Payoh CC, Toa Payoh Central)

Suggested riding goal: To reach Changi Village or other destination from the meeting place

Main theme of the Ride: Slow, steady and leisurely obeying road traffic laws at about 20-25 kmh.

Essential items for all riders: Helmet, proper attires, shorts/pants for riding, riding shoes or sport shoes

Bicycle must be equipped with: Effective braking system, proper tire pressure and mini bicycle repair tools.

Riding defensive is the only way to ensure safety and all riders are to take into considerations of all
safety precautions.

1. forward (91453958) - confirmed
2. Isaac - confirmed
3. Smaerck - confirmed

Last edited:
Sounds like fun guys...

First it's too long for me, and second I injured my ankle during tennis recently, so my exercise consists of walking to the fridge and back for now...

Enjoy!

Re: CS bicycles and cyclist thread II
2nd Recreation Ride

Date: Sunday 7th August, 2011

safety precautions.

1. forward (91453958) - confirmed
2. Isaac - confirmed
3. Smaerck - confirmed
4. Al