CS Aviation Gallery (passenger, military, private aircraft welcome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taiwanapurasteve

Dec 8, 2004
Taipei
Well, I've never had shots good enough to be accepted by Airliners.net (boo hoo :cry: ), but still wanted to share a couple.

I know that there are a few incredible spotters around CS, so please share some of your favorites too.

Let's get a thread going with your shots of different aircraft.

af1-at-bfi.jpg

Aircraft: B747 (VC-25)
Airport: Boeing Field International, Seattle, Washington, USA

dhl-at-bfi.jpg

Aircraft: DC8 (thanks Klose :D )

The Boeing 747 is a VC-25. The DHL jet below is a DC8 :)

Not showing off my skill or anything....anyway, these are low-grade photos.
HS-TEF1.jpg

Thai Airways A330-321 in new livery.
TG34.jpg

Thai A340-600 in new livery
HStek4.jpg

Thai Airways A330-321 Royal Barge
9V-SYE2.jpg

SQ B777-312 Star Alliance
9V-SPP3.jpg

SQ B747-412 Star Alliance
Got pics of the SQ 777-212ER Star Alliance but that pic very low quality...a bit paiseh to post.

Few of my favorites...not top quality though;)
21fbc899.jpg

1468f642.jpg

XuanHao said:
Few of my favorites...not top quality though;)
haha! no need paiseh...u will get there 1 day 1:thumbsup:

Jedi and XuanHao - These are great shots, are these from the viewing deck at Changi?

Wah SSteve, must be nice to shoot at Boeing Field, all the new airplanes coming out for test flights!

singapurasteve said:
Jedi and XuanHao - These are great shots, are these from the viewing deck at Changi?
Yup! both pics shot in the morning:)

JediForce4ever said:
Yep....viewing mall....in the mornings.Afternoon will get backlit shots.The best is around 9am-12pm.

Thanks, I think I'll give it a try this Saturday around 8am. Is that too early?

singapurasteve said:
Well, I've never had shots good enough to be accepted by Airliners.net (boo hoo :cry: ), but still wanted to share a couple.

I know that there are a few incredible spotters around CS, so please share some of your favorites too.

Let's get a thread going with your shots of different aircraft.

af1-at-bfi.jpg

Aircraft: B747 (VC-25)

is this the famed Air Force One? :what:

singapurasteve - looks like u can start to petition to the mods to start a new sub-cat for aviation pics. ;)

I think the photos were shot through the viewing gallery? probably cir-pol wasn't used and that's why the quality looked soft and dull.

singapurasteve said:
Thanks, I think I'll give it a try this Saturday around 8am. Is that too early?
Nope it isn't. However, traffic is very scarce at that time and you might not find many subjects to shoot.One thig that I must also highlight is that the best planes oftenly make an apperance at 9am-12pm on saturdays.;) Maybe I can arrange to meet you there??.

First time I ever trying to take pic of Aircraft. Also first try-out with my Sigma 70-200mm f2.8.

Plane_for_cs.jpg

Not soo good lah but still practising.

JediForce4ever said:
Nope it isn't. However, traffic is very scarce at that time and you might not find many subjects to shoot.One thig that I must also highlight is that the best planes oftenly make an apperance at 9am-12pm on saturdays.;) Maybe I can arrange to meet you there??.

That sounds good, I could always use someone to give me some pointers. :thumbsup: Unfortunately my schedule on Saturday is a bit tight in the morning, and I would have to leave by 10am. I think I'll give it a try and get there around 8 - 8:30 and see what it's like. Maybe I'll get a few decent shots before I have to leave at 10am. :think:

nightwolf75 said:
is this the famed Air Force One? :what:

singapurasteve - looks like u can start to petition to the mods to start a new sub-cat for aviation pics. ;)

There is more than one VC-25, and I believe it only takes on the callsign Airforce 1 when the US President is aboard it.

CRW_2887.jpg

Hobart Honey VH-VUF of the Virgin Blue airlines

r32 said:
CRW_2887.jpg

Hobart Honey VH-VUF of the Virgin Blue airlines
Nice. :thumbsup: Are nose art rare on civilian/commercial airliners? I know its a fairly common practice for military aircraft. 1st time seeing it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.