Crunch Time: Need help with Tokyo & Osaka Itinerary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinoy

Jan 17, 2002
ClubSNAP East
www.flickr.com
Guys, I'm flying off to Japan tomorrow evening with my wife and 11 year old daughter. Unexpectedly became very busy the past few weeks that I missed giving detailed attention to our itinerary. Would like to seek your kind help in what I've come up with thus far:

Travel Dates: Dec 9 - 16
Destination: Tokyo
Hotel: Rose Garden Shinjuku Hotel

Travel Dates: Dec 16 - 20
Destination: Osaka
Hotel: Hotel Villa Fontaine Shinsaibashi

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1 - 10 Dec - Thursday
- Arrive in Tokyo at 07.30 hrs
- Proceed to JR East Travel Service Center at either Terminal 1 or 2 to purchase N'EX & Suica Pass. Also purchase Shinkansen tickets to Osaka for Dec 16.
- Take Narita Express Train to Shinjuku
- Check in at Hotel
- Walk about in Shinjuku. Find Odakyu Department Store to purchase 2 Day Hakone Free Pass (5,000 Yen per Adult). Romance Car +870 yen
- Go to Takashimaya Disney Store (9th Floor) to purchase Disneyland tickets for Dec 14 & 15
- After dinner, return to hotel.

Day 2 - 11 Dec - Friday
- Wake up around 6am and catch the 07.28 hrs Romance Car to Hakone-Yumoto
- On the way to Shinjuku station, purchase packed meals for breakfast
- 1.5 hrs train ride to Hakone. Breakfast on board.
- Do the Hakone Round Course but in a reverse order:
> Hakone-Yumoto to Moto-Hakone by Hakone Tozan Bus (35 minutes, departures every 15-20 minutes)
> Moto-Hakone to Hakone-machi on foot
> Hakone-machi to Togendai by Hakone Sightseeing Boat (30 minutes, departures every 30-60 minutes)
> Togendai to Sounzan by Hakone Ropeway (30 minutes, constant departures)
> Sounzan to Gora by Hakone Tozan Cablecar (10 minutes, departures every 20 minutes)
> Gora to Hakone-Yumote by Hakone Tozan Railway (35 mins, departures every 10-20 mins)​
- Tour expected to be done around 1900 hrs.
- Return to hotel

Note: will be mostly soaking in the sights/scenery.

Day 3 - 12 Dec - Saturday
- Leave hotel for Asakusa around 0900hrs
- Take the orange JR Chuo Line to Kanda Station (10 minutes, 160 Yen) and transfer to the Ginza Subway Line for Asakusa (10 minutes, 160 Yen).
- Walk around Asakusa (sensoji temple etc)
- By 1500 hrs take the Sumida River Cruise from Asakusa Pier via Hama Rikyu Garden to Hinode Pier. Transfer to a ship to Odaiba. (Cost: 400 yen per adult)
Odaiba
- Around 2000 hrs, take Yurikamome unmanned monorail to Shiodome subway station. Shiodome is directly connected with Shimbashi Station on the JR Yamanote Line which covers Shinjuku.
- Return to hotel.

Day 4 - 13 Dec - Sunday
- Leave hotel at 0900 hrs. Buy packed breakfast meal.
- Go to Tokyo Station and walk to Tokyo Imperial Palace.
- At around 1200 hrs, return to Tokyo Station.
- Take JR Yamanote Line or JR Keihin-Tohoku to Akihabara. Spend about 3 - 4 hours walking around.
- At around 1700 hrs, go to Shibuya.
- Return to hotel around 2100 hrs.

Note: will be doing mostly window shopping and picture taking.

Day 5 - 14 Dec - Monday
- Leave hotel at 0800 hrs.
- Tokyo Station JR Keiyo Line or JR Musashino Line (about 15 minutes). Get off at JR Maihama Station (South Exit).
- Tokyo Disneyland the whole day

Day 6 - 15 Dec - Tuesday
- Leave hotel at 0800 hrs.
- Tokyo Station JR Keiyo Line or JR Musashino Line (about 15 minutes). Get off at JR Maihama Station (South Exit).
- Tokyo Disney Sea the whole day

Day 7 - 16 Dec - Wednesday
- Hotel Check Out
- Go to Tokyo Station and take Shinkansen to Shin-Osaka
- From Shin-Osaka Station take the Midousuji Subway Line to Shinsaibashi Station: 15 minutes
- Check in at the hotel.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will post the Osaka itinerary later today.

I appreciate any inputs/feedbacks/suggestions that you guys will give and I'd like to thank you in advance for that.

PS: I happen to be into photography as well, so any recommendation (good spot, nice sunset etc) will really really be appreciated. :-D

:Later,

hi there, jus got back frm japan yst. really missed alr haha.

anw jus a tip wld be tat take note of the daylight hours.. cos it isn't like sg

night falls at 5-5.30 which is like really early.. but tat wld oso mean more nite shots opportunity =]

oh, and oso, sensoji temple is havin some renovations on its outerwalls but it still looks cool haha

Last edited:
As you have planned to visit the Imperial Palace, the Imperial Palace East Garden is worth mentioning. I was there yesterday, and they still have very nice foilage there, red/yellow/green, blending in nicely.

Do consider dropping by Harajuku on a sunday, from lunch till late, and head towards Meiji-Jingu, the area where people dress in cosplay is sure a great place to capture colorful and interesting images, and the stroll in the park towards the meiji-jingu temple is wonderful too. thats of course after a hearty meal at Jangara Ramen.. twice, i've been to japan.. and the place still serves the most delicious bowl of ramen.. in my opinion of course! and theres always a queue, but the turn over rate is really quick.. therefore both places would make a great day for people watching and portraiture shots! have a good trip.

p.s. [osaka's aquarium is awesome, but the town didn't give my kinda vibe, try spending a couple of days in kyoto, awesome old era vibe]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.