Crumpler or Lowerpro

Status
Not open for further replies.

longman

Dec 12, 2002
South
Visit site
want to buy bag, but dunno shld buy Crumpler or Lowepro Orion AW..need advise....;)

Originally posted by longman
want to buy bag, but dunno shld buy Crumpler or Lowepro Orion AW..need advise....;)
erm, Oriion AW is a waistbag/backpack type, while Crumplers are all shoulder sling bags... depends on which type you prefer to carry right?

Try the lowepro microtrekker 200. I am selling a near mint one!!!:D

I prefer Lowepro as the bag's material is not as rough as the Crumpler bags.

Lowepro also have more accessories like harnass, deluxe belts, lens cases...etc for their products.

Go for Crumpler if you want fashion and design. But more ex lah...

Lowepro designs are more standard but offer good protection for your equipment too...

Hehe cannot decide then get both loh... (like me) Then no need to kill brain cells over which brand to get... ;p

Originally posted by newuser
I prefer Lowepro as the bag's material is not as rough as the Crumpler bags.

The crumpler is very very tough, dont let the logo and the colours fool you. The fabric is so tough that it is fairly resistant to water. At 1000 denier (that's why it is rough-feeling), the bag can withstand scratches and tears.

It all boils down to your style of carrying. If you want the "cross-body" with secure hug of your body, whether you are running, walking, squatting, bending etc, then the crumpler is for you.

If you want a broader setup bag (the crumpler packs deep and flat), and waist belt design, with easier access to gear (assuming you are not using the shoulder bag that comes with it, i know i wont coz it looks flimsy) with a rain-coat cover, then the Orion AW is good.

Me, i will get a shoulder sling bag (e.g. Nova, Reporter etc), dont like waist belt, dont like cross-body, so shoulder bag for me. (the back packs are excellent for gear transport, and easier on the body for walks and treks than a shoulder sling bag)

These days, i see secondary school kids carrying the Crumpler, it seems to a be a fashion statement.. hehe..also, have seen many Crumpler imitations for less than hald the price. :)

Gee I didn't know that Lowepro was cheaper than crumpler?? What do you guys think of CP's crumpler prices?? fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.