Crumpler Camera Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark19

Jan 17, 2002
SG
Has anyone here used the crumpler bags before?
Are they good?

using it as an all purpose bag....going out as well as shooting...
can't put all my big lenses though
just nice for my RF set

Originally posted by szekiat
using it as an all purpose bag....going out as well as shooting...
can't put all my big lenses though
just nice for my RF set

Hi Szekiat, which model r u using, price and location that u bought it from?

I found a shop thru distributor, but quite ex...

Originally posted by ark19

Hi Szekiat, which model r u using, price and location that u bought it from?

I found a shop thru distributor, but quite ex...

does anyone noes where to get them locally besides cathy. they always dont have stock and dunno when the stock coming also....quite frustrating....i am looking for for the camera bag types

Originally posted by insanne

does anyone noes where to get them locally besides cathy. they always dont have stock and dunno when the stock coming also....quite frustrating....i am looking for for the camera bag types

Insanne,

I am also looking for a Crumpler camera bag. I called Cathay today, but they say new stocks will arrive only in June (no idea which model(s) will be shipped too).

Anybody else have an idea where else to look? I'm actually looking for the Bunion inserts (which Cathay do not carry) ...

Yah, me too me too. I'm looking for those messenger bags for all purpose and then buy those inserts when I wanna carry my gear.

Hi all,

dun mind my ignorance...
but wad are crumpler bags?
issit just a brand of bags?

saw the website on it... very nice...
but a bit ex...

=P

:what:

well, the only shop that i knew that carries the camera bag range is Cathy, and they always dun have stock and dunno when the stock comes in..and i called once the the guy did not even know that they are carrying the range...it is really frustrating to talk to them sometimes.

anyways, the other shop that i learn it 77th St. I dont think they carry any of the photo bags but i do think they have the messanger and laptop range.

ALternatively, you could order them thru the website at
www.crumpler.com.au
or
contact the local distributor at:

eric_out@yahoo.com

err...it is the fashion apparal store, there are quite a number of them around in Spore, look them up in the white pages, they are listed there...

well, the only shop that i knew that carries the camera bag range is Cathy, and they always dun have stock and dunno when the stock comes in..and i called once the the guy did not even know that they are carrying the range...it is really frustrating to talk to them sometimes.

anyways, the other shop that i learn it 77th St. I dont think they carry any of the photo bags but i do think they have the messanger and laptop range.

ALternatively, you could order them thru the website at
www.crumpler.com.au
or
contact the local distributor at:
eric_out@yahoo.com

Yup, that's right. 77th Street used to carry the camera bags, but it seems that recent shipments are limited to their messenger bag range. Currently, the 77th Street stores only have Weenie (and Seedy Three), if memory does not fail me.

insanne, I have also thought of ordering the bunion inserts through the Crumpler Australia website, but the insert for Weenie is out of stock. :( Like Mudpool, I want a bag that is versatile.

Since you have the contact of the local distributor, insanne, what did you ask him and what did he say?

Originally posted by Mudpool
Where is 77th St??

77th Street outlets: Tampines Mall; Far East Plaza; Plaza Singapura; Heeren; Causeway Pt; Jurong Pt; and Lot 1.

Hi All

For Camera bags, better go for Back Pack type. one you can carry on you back. The sholder strap ones will make you suffer if you go on trips. I saw two models at Camera workshop at penninsula. But they are costly (around 120 S$). If you want a slightly cheaper one check the Bag shop at ground floor at Shaw towers, Beach road.

Hope it helps

Originally posted by Pandora

insanne, I have also thought of ordering the bunion inserts through the Crumpler Australia website, but the insert for Weenie is out of stock. :( Like Mudpool, I want a bag that is versatile.

No kidding:eek: I'm checking out weenie or the wonder weenie too!!

Eric is the person that i spoke. I was asking him if models "Glamour Photo Case" or "Old Banger" is avaible locally and he said that one "Glamour" is but he would need to confirm that and I am waiting for his follow up letter. He is quite prompt with the replies, so i hope he has good news for me cos i really needed the bag urgently.

speaking about weight, it is really no joke carring a heavy shoulder bag around esp in hot weather, with an additional tripod around, it will kill you. A backback will actually be great but somehow, i needed the quicker access to the cameras so i guess i will stick to the shoulder ones.I think the crumpler is less conspicious as a camera bag as well.

"Glamour" is $275 aussie dollars including GST.
dunno about it locally....

speaking about weight, it is really no joke carring a heavy shoulder bag around esp in hot weather, with an additional tripod around, it will kill you. A backback will actually be great but somehow, i needed the quicker access to the cameras so i guess i will stick to the shoulder ones.I think the crumpler is less conspicious as a camera bag as well.

Exactly the reason why I want a Crumpler. It doesn't shout: "Hey look, I'm a camera bag!". ;)

insanne: Old Banger and Glamour are HUGE! You plan to lug around two cameras and a laptop all in a shoulder bag? It is really going to be heavy. (But I agree with the quick-access part.)
If Eric has the bag you want, do you have to buy it from a shop or from him personally? Since he is the distributor, I wonder if it is cheaper to buy the stuff off him.

Originally posted by Pandora

Exactly the reason why I want a Crumpler. It doesn't shout: "Hey look, I'm a camera bag!". ;)

insanne: Old Banger and Glamour are HUGE! You plan to lug around two cameras and a laptop all in a shoulder bag? It is really going to be heavy. (But I agree with the quick-access part.)
If Eric has the bag you want, do you have to buy it from a shop or from him personally? Since he is the distributor, I wonder if it is cheaper to buy the stuff off him.

i do not have a laptop...only cameras and a video cam...i am hoping that the glamour is enuff for me...but if i have to then i would have to get the old banger...

i would not know if eric would sell to us end users.....then it ill not be fair to those retailers that he distributes to....

insanne,

I just got back from CP and I saw one lone blue Crumpler on display. I suspect it may be the size (looks like a laptop and two cameras will fit) you want and the cost is $400+.

nah... it's only PRICED at $400+, when I asked the lady, she quoted me $200+... they overmarked it by 100%!!! :eek: ;( There was oso 2 laptop bags a week ago when I visited CP, PRICED at $160, but was quoted $80 by the same lady... Scary.... I bet you can still haggle with her and get even lower prices, like $60 or $70!!! Maybe even lower!!!

It really blurs me when I think of how CP works. You can get all sorts of quotations, but by far the lowest would be from an e-quote, I think... Why quote so low while other employees are quoting higher? Don't they want to earn more?? And if the e-quote is so low, why hasn't everyone started using it and get the lowest price possible?? And the employees are required to follow the e-quote too. I think it's pretty much final, can't go any lower or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.