Crumpler Camera Bags

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelmetBox

Sep 9, 2003
Hi all, need advice on which camera bag to get.

I like the crumpler series but then there seems to be little range that can accomodate a Sigma 70-200mm (22cm in length).

Has anyone of you used a crumpler to store that lens? If so what model is your crumpler?

For the smaller crumpler's with the hidden compartment, I was thinking that the lens can be squeezed into that compartment with all the dividers removed, is it feasible? Since its at the bottom of the bag, the chances of it getting physical shock is higher so its not very advisible? Moreover its hard to reach and thus time consuming. Has anyone of you been doing this already?

I have one body, one small converter, one sigma 70-200 and a 50mm. Its not alot of gear so which bag would you all recommend? Other brands also can be taken into considerations. Will probably add most 2 more lens in the future: a wide and maybe a 28-70.

Please advise.

Thanks!

You cant squeeze the lens into the secret compartment. I owned Crumpler with the secret compartment (forgot whats the name). But you can put ur tele zoom in the main compartment on top. I never try before, but it should be able to. Coz my 28-105mm still got a lot of space. Actually I am thinking of getting a bigger bag to accomodate my stuff.

hanoman said:
You cant squeeze the lens into the secret compartment. I owned Crumpler with the secret compartment (forgot whats the name). But you can put ur tele zoom in the main compartment on top. I never try before, but it should be able to. Coz my 28-105mm still got a lot of space. Actually I am thinking of getting a bigger bag to accomodate my stuff.

Hmmm.... I went to measure the depth. The top portions accomodate only to about 19cm whereas the 70-200 is about 22cm. What I meant about the secret compartment is to remove the dividers and put the lens horizontally in as the length for the secret compartment is about 25cm. Is it possible?

Is not the length but its the diameter of the lens that make it not possible to go in. I tried with my 28-105 which I believe smaller than your lens, nah nah cant go in. Since I dont know which crumpler you are talking about, maybe some model has bigger size.

Status
Not open for further replies.