Crumpler bag advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussiecanonboy

Sep 27, 2006
Melbourne Australia
Hey Guys,
I'm thinking about buying a Crumpler bag - 7 Million dollar Home.
At $140.00 Aus its not cheap but looks as though its worth the money.
Anyone out there that has one i would be interested to hear what you think before i part with my hard earned dosh !!!. I dont have a lot of gear but looks like it has plenty room in it.
To busy at the moment to look atem in the flesh so to speak.

Regards to all

Blair :dunno:

Hey Guys,
Anyone out there that has one i would be interested to hear what you think before i part with my hard earned dosh !!!. I dont have a lot of gear but looks like it has plenty room in it.

Regards to all

Wat are ur combat gears (aka camera stuff) that u wan to carry around?

Hey Guys,

Regards to all

i have the 7 million dollar. its a great bag.. unobtrusive, easy to access, can customise the inside flaps too. tis also quite hardy. only thing to note is it isnt really waterproof - theres a gap between the flap and the bag itself at the sides.

it can actually carry a decent amount of stuff.. my usual kit that i carry is either -

1 DSLR with 24-70 lens, speedlite flash, 70-200, and can squeeze in a 50mm too.
1 dslr with 24-70, 1 film body with 50mm, flash or 70-200.
1 dslr with 24-70, rangefinder wiht 50mm, 1 additional lens or flash.

unless u really want to carry a lot of lenses, you can probably fit all u need for a days shoot.

theres a separate velcro pouch that i usually put in CF cards batteries etc, and theres a separate net compartment in the main bag - i usually put blower, lens wipes, filters in there.

the 7 is better value than the 6 million which is a bit small. and the 8 is just a bit too big.

AUS 140 is a bit pricey. over here is about AUS 121.

think it's cheaper in SG. I almost fainted when i saw the prices of crumpler back in OZ.

i've checked on bags in melbourne and singapore. even the crumpler store in wheelock was cheaper...and the girl there was so much nicer than the one in melbourne.

if only SG does custom designs for the bags as well. The one in Smith st is having a backlog of about 2 months................:confused:

regretted getting the 5million dollar home, 1 400D with kit lens plus 75-300 and it's full.
go straight for the 7million =)

hey..hope you don't mind me tagging onto your thread...

i am going on a vacation soon, and will a 7m crumpler be large enough for

1. 350D body+grip
2. 17-35mm tamron
3. 70-300 sigma
4. 10-20 sigma
5. 580ex flash

and where can i get the best deal in sg.?

thanks inadvance!

I find crumpler bags too bulky...

1. 350D body+grip
2. 17-35mm tamron
3. 70-300 sigma
4. 10-20 sigma
5. 580ex flash

thanks inadvance!

Yes, easily.

Own a crumpler 7 mill as well. Nice casual looking and good compartments for camera body and at least 2 prime and a telephoto len plus a flash unit. Got it for $140 from tk. Was using a lowepro which is equivalent good but the design and storage of 7 mill attracted me.

Disadvantages: no waterproof but i guess thats very secondary. :thumbsup:

1. 350D body+grip
2. 17-35mm tamron
3. 70-300 sigma
4. 10-20 sigma
5. 580ex flash

thanks inadvance!

you will have to mount the 17-35 with the camera. that will go in the main middle compartment. the 70-300 will take up another comparttment. the flash and the 10-20 can go in the last compartment.

the only authorised dealer is at wheelock as far as i know. so not much choice in terms of getting the best deal.

Hey Thanks to all who replied. I dont intend to carry a lot of junk. I prefer to travel light.
But i guess they dont look like a camera bag at first glance, like the Tamrac'sLowepro ect with the brand all over. Ah still debating wether to pay the $140.00 on Ebay. Maybe i'll look around maybe get it cheaper ??
I there's any Aussies that might now of anywhere cheaper i might get one aprt from Ebay let me know.

if only SG does custom designs for the bags as well. The one in Smith st is having a backlog of about 2 months................:confused:

Add stuff to your bag to make it distinguished from others.
I drape a shawl over mine..

thanks guys for the info..
and the TS for allowing for a tag-along question..

great! guess its the bag for me now..:thumbsup:

I have one...its a great bag. Dun look like a cam bag too. It can double up as a school bag for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.