Crumpler 8 million

tweakmax3

Deregistered
Sep 18, 2011
Any user review? I see the bag alone is alreadly 3kg..

Don't think it is that heavy. Probably just half a kg or so with a couple of inserts.

Go for a 7mdh instead, unless you have a really long lens. By the time you fully fill up a 8mdh, it get too heavy to be carried around for hours.

E bag is 3.4kg when its empty

i saw from crumpler website...

try to carry 1 in any crumpler outlet.
na its not 3KG+ as stated in their website.

i also thinking to get a crumpler 8... selling at 230... not sure at this price... any other bag of the similiar quality and design.

Don't think it is that heavy. Probably just half a kg or so with a couple of inserts.

Go for a 7mdh instead, unless you have a really long lens. By the time you fully fill up a 8mdh, it get too heavy to be carried around for hours.

Agreed. I struggled with 7mdh when its filled when travelling overseas. After a couple of days, I kept to the minimum and wished I had brought a backpack instead.
Can't imagine the load with 8mdh. :(

The more I look at it, the more I think it's an error. On Crumpler website, 6MDH - 1kg, 7MDH - 1.2kg, 8MDH - 3.4kg ?? (heck, that's a decent tripod weight)

cambags.com lists it at 3.1lbs or 1.4kg, which sounds more like it. You could write to Crumpler to confirm, or go get the feel of an actual one. If it's really 3.4kg, I would avoid it like the plague!

i saw from crumpler website...

THE BAG IS NOT 3.4KG OR 3.4LBS. It is lighter than my camera body which is only 1kg or so.

It may be 3.4lbs if you use ALL the insert flaps(20 or so pieces I remember) that they provide you with...but then most people will probably only use 3 or 4 of those.

Source: Me. I own a 8mdh from the crumpler shop.

Agreed. I struggled with 7mdh when its filled when travelling overseas. After a couple of days, I kept to the minimum and wished I had brought a backpack instead.
Can't imagine the load with 8mdh. :(

The weight can really make the shoulder ache after few hours...lol.

Nowadays I don't even bring the 8mdh for overseas trip, always end up with a half filled bag only...plus too small to store all my carry on belongings, yet too big to fit under the airplane seat as a bag that sticks beside me and carry all my impt items.

my 7MDH fits my 7D with grip and lens, one additional lens and cleaning kit just fine. plus i can stow it underneath the airplane seat, it fits perfectly in there.

8MDH is like overkill, i feel.

i also thinking to get a crumpler 8... selling at 230... not sure at this price... any other bag of the similiar quality and design.

What can one get from Chrome/Manhattan Portage with similar features for that amount?

I have a 8mdh, it's not ultra light, but I am pretty sure it's not 3.4kg

I'm using one daily. Sure didn't feel like 3kg when its empty. I like it because its the only one in the family that comes with additional partition for an ipad or 13 inch laptop.

I have the 8mdh and 7mdh and the Thinktank retro 10,20,30. If you do make use of all the space in the 8mdh, it's really heavy, esp if you put a laptop inside. I feel it's more for transporting gear and if you have transport like a car or bus. So, it's just carrying for short distances before you can rest and put it down. It's quite a big bag and looks big on a 1.7m tall person. Crumpler bags are heavier than the TT retro bags of similar size because of the material, padding etc. The shoulder padding on the TT retro bags are one of the best. For similar weighted equipment, prob can carry longer period with the TT retro bags.
Sometimes, it's not the size of the bag. I also have the urge to bring out all my lenses, but sometimes it's not practical if you are walking long distances. If you are physically fit, then I suppose it's not a problem with a fully loaded 8mdh. For me, body+2-3lenses+/- lens is about the max I can carry for a whole day out