CRT or LCD?

LCD or CRT?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Verre Vrai

Which one are you using for photo-editing? LCD are inadequate for accurate color work and expensive compare to CRT. If you have both choose the one the you use more often.

Originally posted by Verre Vrai
Which one are you using for photo-editing? LCD are inadequate for accurate color work and expensive compare to CRT. If you have both choose the one the you use more often.

LCDs are not 'there' yet..

anyway, just watch out for OLED screens in the future..

Originally posted by djork

LCDs are not 'there' yet..

anyway, just watch out for OLED screens in the future..

OLED? What's the latest update on them huh? Everyone is trying to make one, but I last heard they are having packaging problems. Something like the OLED will oxidize over time, and making the colour yellowish. Correct me if I'm wrong pls.

i'll never buy a LCD monitor unless...

- it is cheaper than crt " for "
- it is the same price as a similar sized CRT but image quality is the same

haha, looks like i'll never buy it..

Give me a good, no, very good LCD, like those Apple CinemaDisplay ones, or at least something in the lines of the Eizo L565 series. Then I'll take LCD. Otherwise, I'll stick to CRTs.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Give me a good, no, very good LCD, like those Apple CinemaDisplay ones, or at least something in the lines of the Eizo L565 series. Then I'll take LCD. Otherwise, I'll stick to CRTs.

Regards
CK

haha! the 22" one is impressive, but the price is ..... :bheart:

Originally posted by Verre Vrai

From what I know LCDs,
a. has smaller colour gamut compare to CRTs.
b. has lower contrast (though technology is improving) than CRTs.
c. has to simulate the gamma characteristic of a CRTs which sometime is not correctly done depending in the quality of the circuit that does the simulation. Bare in mind that all video and stills pictures (eg JPEGs) are pre-gamma corrected.

For now, CRTs is for me as far as photo-editing is concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.