CRT monitor flickers when placed next to portable TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

funtasy

Sep 19, 2002
Visit site
When I placed my CRT monitor next to my 14 inch portable TV (not LCD TV) the screen on my monitor flickers once the TV is switch on. I tried increasing the refresh rate on my monitor to the max ie 85 Hertz but the flicker is still there. Noticed that this does not happen when I placed my LCD monitor next to the TV. I would still want to use my CRT for my digital photos and due to space constraint, the TV has still got to be placed next to the monitor. Is there a way to resolve this problem of signal interference on my monitor?

funtasy said:
When I placed my CRT monitor next to my 14 inch portable TV (not LCD TV) the screen on my monitor flickers once the TV is switch on. I tried increasing the refresh rate on my monitor to the max ie 85 Hertz but the flicker is still there. Noticed that this does not happen when I placed my LCD monitor next to the TV. I would still want to use my CRT for my digital photos and due to space constraint, the TV has still got to be placed next to the monitor. Is there a way to resolve this problem of signal interference on my monitor?

u got to rearrange your stuff, no other way....The TV is an interference to CRT (the electron tube). The flicker is due to the interference.

mervlam said:
u got to rearrange your stuff, no other way....The TV is an interference to CRT (the electron tube). The flicker is due to the interference.

Thanks. Will a 14 inch LCD TV cause interference to the CRT?

funtasy said:
Thanks. Will a 14 inch LCD TV cause interference to the CRT?

u can try, maybe not. not sure

CRT monitor is relying on magnetic field to deviate the electrons on the screen to show the images. TV has very strong magnetic field which may cause inteference to the monitor.

If you place the TV next to the monitor for a long period, I am afraid the CRT monitor's life will be shortened.

Tigger said:
CRT monitor is relying on magnetic field to deviate the electrons on the screen to show the images. TV has very strong magnetic field which may cause inteference to the monitor.

If you place the TV next to the monitor for a long period, I am afraid the CRT monitor's life will be shortened.

I was told one way to stop the magnetic field from going to the monitor is to place a metal partition between the TV and the monitor. Can use the metal panel from a old computer casing.

funtasy said:
I was told one way to stop the magnetic field from going to the monitor is to place a metal partition between the TV and the monitor. Can use the metal panel from a old computer casing.

That is to provide the magnetic shield.... I am not sure how effective it is to use the metal panel from old computer, but u can try...

Status
Not open for further replies.