(Crossing Bridges ONE ) Indonesia combined regional photo forums shoot - May 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of making a trip to Bromo mountains & Taman Safari too... I may extend my stay...

ed9119... I should be ok for the trip ... will confirm in a week

hi all, so far there are a total of 13 sign-ups for the trip. The following is the itinerary proposed by Kristupa from Indonesia....they've specially gotten permission from the Ministry of Culture to allow us access into to Boroburdur at an unGodly hour to do a sunrise shoot.

I quoted wrong prices for the airfare as its a promotional fare thats only good for immediate travel. The actual fare is a little more .....round trip airfare about $250......but the overall budget for airfare/3 nights hotel/transport should stay around $400

ed

ITINERARY

Day 1 - Thursday May 20, 2004

Afternoon
Arrived in Jogja
Check-in Saphir Hotel
Sunset in Prambanan Temple

Evening
Ice breaking dinner

Day 2 - Friday May 21, 2004

Morning
Leave hotel at 3 AM
Sunrise in Borobudur
Breakfast around Borobudur or Muntilan/Magelang

Noon
Kotagede silversmith or Kasongan pottery village
Lunch

Afternoon
Parangkusumo - sand dunes dan model shoot

Evening
Dinner - traditional grilled seafood in TPI Depok, Parangkusumo
Slideshow in Hotel

Day 3 - Saturday May 22, 2004

Morning
Early breakfast, leave hotel in 5:30 AM
Pundong - bamboo bridge and traditional market

Noon
Keraton and Fort Vredeburg
or jathilan (to be confirmed)
or batik factory (to be confirmed)
Lunch

Afternoon
Ngasem bird market
Model shoot in Tamansari water castle or Ratu Boko Temple

Evening
Dinner - gudeg or other traditional meals
Slideshow in hotel

Day 4 - Sunday May 23, 2004

Morning
Leave hotel at 3 AM
Sunrise in Rawa Pening natural dam, Ambarawa
Breakfast with breakfast box or in nearby fishermen's canteen

Noon
Check out from Saphir Hotel
Farewell lunch in Rempah/Rumah Mertua/Wong Solo/Moro Lejar
Free time
Shopping in Malioboro

Afternoon
Leaving Jogja

I'll be in touch with everyone who have put their names down later this week either thru a phone call or an email.

There are some concerns that this is going to be like a group tour...it isnt.

We're just going there together and sharing with accomodation, food and transport costs etc etc

AS far as shooting is concerned, its going to be mostly "lets meet back here at this spot in xxx hours time...otherwise see u back at the hotel in the evening if we dont see u by xxxam/pm" kind of arrangement.

I'll get the organizers on the Indonesia end to provide addresses of the places we're going just in case some in the group want to spend more time at a particular place and then catch up with the main body later in the day.

I only see us shooting together as a mass group during the 2 location shoots where models are involved.

and NO, I will NOT be carrying some stupid loudspeaker and a tall bright yellow flag :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Hi fellas....THE LIST IS FULL.

BUT if you're still keen, please continue sending me emails and if anyone drops out, you'll be invited to take their slots.

Sorry keeping the group size to 15 as its a manageable number and I also want to spend the time shooting and not chasing after lost sheep.

For those of you who made the list, please go through the itenary and begin to do research on the places listed. Its a good experience to do research and read up on the area before actually arriving. You'll have a better idea of what and how you want to shoot it.

Does the models come free or we are expected to chip-in?
I am now thinking very hard!

the models I believe are already costed into the trip.... the list is currently full and I'll start a new thread and privately email those involved with more details.

if ur keen just send me an email with your full name as appears in the passport and i'll slot you in if anyone backs out......BUT make sure you're very very sure that you'll make it....if 50/50 then dont put your name down.

ed

Glad u like those pics....

the shots were taken during sunrise....
tip;- try to stay at Manohara hotel which is within Brobudur's compound(bout S$50 per room/night,and u can climb the structure anytime coz the gates are beyong hotel grounds. U may not be able to access it after operating hours from outside and it may get overcrowding with tourists / students too...

we'll be staying at the 4 Star Saphir hotel inside Yogja because its in a lively area and has got alot of street shooting ops as well.

I've researched your recommendation of Manohara ......nice guesthouse at the door steps of Boroburdur.

But its relatively out of the way from everything else
Thanks for the suggestion anyway, appreciate it.

Hi guys....sorry that I did not update this thread earlier. I was....

1. finalizing the itenary after the Indonesian side completed their recce of the sites this past weekend....2 straight mornings of 3am departures are too much and I'm asking them to tone it down (party until 2am...sleep 1hr and leave hotel for shoot at 3am....2 nights in a row.....I will surely die !!! So I am trying to ask them to time it so that I get in at least 3 more hours sleep instead of 1 :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: )

2. discussing with the Indonesia side on other cheaper hotel alternatives that they found. (most likely we'll stick to the 4-star Saphire Hotel rather than save a few dollars and risk everyone's beauty sleep).

emails are going out tomorrow or wed with details. As you're the pioneer group from Offstone and Clubsnap, I'll be publishing the name list here as well.
(very good mix of young photographers)

ed

The Indonesian portal has started canvassing the trip and has loaded up an advertising banner with logos of Clubsnap and Offstone on their front page and other important pages in their forum www.fotografer.net

1 slot has opened up after one of the guys have a clash of work schedules.

If you wish get on the trip, pls send me your full name as it appears in your passport and wire or mail the funds ($250) over.

ed

ed9119 said:
1 slot has opened up after one of the guys have a clash of work schedules.

If you wish get on the trip, pls send me your full name as it appears in your passport and wire or mail the funds ($250) over.

ed

well, wat can i say :dunno: anyway u have a good trip. but dont do it again not very nice .

Slot taken

yes I know Nemo, that is why I immediately called u on ur mobile and apologised..... sorry again.

ed

ed9119 said:
Slot taken

yes I know Nemo, that is why I immediately called u on ur mobile and apologised..... sorry again.

ed

Hi ed

I may be able to go there by myself (dates unable to confirm now) and can I join the group if i am able to be there? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.