cropping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illidan

Nov 15, 2004
hi guys. i would like to ask experience portraits shooter how they crop their pics? coz found that alot of their pic appear so wonderful. do u guys crop d pic with d cam by composing or use photoshop to crop? thanks alot

I use both ways, normally I shoot a bit wider and do fine cropping via PS
BTW is your viewfinder 100%, non pre cameras are usually not 100% so it will be difficult to do fine cropping with your cam.

try to compose during the shooting

occasionally cropping out bits of distracting edges is ok

Most cameras give approx 95% of the picture in the viewfinder. Take a few shots with your camera and find out how the 5% is distributed. So the next time you take the REAL shots, keep the 5% in mind and compose it a little tighter than you instinctively want to.

Reflection said:
Most cameras give approx 95% of the picture in the viewfinder. Take a few shots with your camera and find out how the 5% is distributed. So the next time you take the REAL shots, keep the 5% in mind and compose it a little tighter than you instinctively want to.

yes and mostly the distribution is not equal. You have you find out thou experience where the 5% is distributed (eg, the 5% may be more on the left side of the viewfinder than right)

nah i close to never crop on comp.... to me doin it manually by zooming and walking closer or vv..... perhaps its due to the film backgrd...but sure saves alot of work...

I never crop... what u c is what u get ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.