cropping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2004
hi guys. i would like to ask experience portraits shooter how they crop their pics? coz found that alot of their pic appear so wonderful. do u guys crop d pic with d cam by composing or use photoshop to crop? thanks alot

ortega

Staff member
Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
I use both ways, normally I shoot a bit wider and do fine cropping via PS
BTW is your viewfinder 100%, non pre cameras are usually not 100% so it will be difficult to do fine cropping with your cam.

user111

Jul 27, 2004
try to compose during the shooting

occasionally cropping out bits of distracting edges is ok

Reflection

Feb 22, 2005
Cowtown
Most cameras give approx 95% of the picture in the viewfinder. Take a few shots with your camera and find out how the 5% is distributed. So the next time you take the REAL shots, keep the 5% in mind and compose it a little tighter than you instinctively want to.

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
Reflection said:
Most cameras give approx 95% of the picture in the viewfinder. Take a few shots with your camera and find out how the 5% is distributed. So the next time you take the REAL shots, keep the 5% in mind and compose it a little tighter than you instinctively want to.

yes and mostly the distribution is not equal. You have you find out thou experience where the 5% is distributed (eg, the 5% may be more on the left side of the viewfinder than right)

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
nah i close to never crop on comp.... to me doin it manually by zooming and walking closer or vv..... perhaps its due to the film backgrd...but sure saves alot of work...

nickk

Aug 28, 2004
I never crop... what u c is what u get ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom