cropping to specific size

Status
Not open for further replies.

zOOm

May 23, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
saw a feature that allows you to specify a crop size (e.g 1024 x 768) and then allows you to move a rectangle area freely around the image to choose the area to crop.

can it be done on photoshop?

thanks in advance!

Not sure about the specific crop size. But I know how to specify output size on the photoshop. Choose crop from the tool bar. At the width/height, put "1024 px" and "768 px". Then go to the picture and select. The box aspect ratio would be fixed. Whatever you choose, the output size of the picture will be scaled/compressed to 1024x768.

Yup. It works for me.

Hi jumbocrab,
this works just as well! in fact better :)
Thanks for your tips!

jumbocrab said:
Not sure about the specific crop size. But I know how to specify output size on the photoshop. Choose crop from the tool bar. At the width/height, put "1024 px" and "768 px". Then go to the picture and select. The box aspect ratio would be fixed. Whatever you choose, the output size of the picture will be scaled/compressed to 1024x768.
I try to do using your method, but mine require me to enter in pixel/inch or pixel /cm

The pixel/inch or pixel/cm refers to the "resolution" entry. You can leave the "resolution" entry empty. Just key in the width and height. And remember to add <space> and "px" after the number. This tells the computer that you are keying in pixels instead of inches or cm.

I got it now, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.