Cropping Ratio 3:2

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnzila

Sep 9, 2009
Hi,

I would like to enquire how do I crop a photo, using Photoshop CS4, to a ratio of 3:2. This is to ensure that my photo print out in S8R can still be correct.

I saw some crop setting, e.g. Crop 4 inch x 6 inch 300 ppi, but wasn't sure which is the correct setting to maintain a ratio os 3:2.

Anyone can enlighten me?

Hi,

I would like to enquire how do I crop a photo, using Photoshop CS4, to a ratio of 3:2. This is to ensure that my photo print out in S8R can still be correct.

I saw some crop setting, e.g. Crop 4 inch x 6 inch 300 ppi, but wasn't sure which is the correct setting to maintain a ratio os 3:2.

Anyone can enlighten me?

Use basic maths. 4x6 inch is 2:3, which is 3:2 in portrait format.

so long as the long side/short side is 3/2 you're ok.

Hi,

Anyone can enlighten me?

Longer side divided by 1.5 give ratio of 3:2.

6 / 1.5 = 4

Click on the cropping tool, type in 8in and 12in for the width and height and 300 for dpi, crop. You can save the settings for future use.

Alternative:

select crop tool.
select the whole picture by starting the crop box from outside the picture and drag for whole picture.
hold shift button.
click and drag the diagonal resize box.

save, send to lab

Great! I got it!

Thanks everyone!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.