Oct 28, 2005
North
63437362_66a1155fcc.jpg

7.09pm

63409047_e520d9b532.jpg

7.20pm

63437363_9ed1f7de48.jpg

7.37pm

I have not performed any processing on the above pics. Any comments on the pics? ;)

Also, any recommendations on how I can process them using PS?

I like the second. Good capture. I prefer it over the other two because of the sky colour and the exposure of the city lights. The first picture's city lights aren't striking enough. For the last, I would prefer the sky to have some colour.

So the second works for me

I like the feeling of "depth" that the second picture gives. The buildings contrast nicely with the sky to create an image that really "jumps" out at the viewer.

Well seen and captured!

Thanks for your comments. Any recommendations on how i should do the PS processing?

63566498_ff9011185e.jpg

Temasek ave 1

63566499_34b9032574.jpg

Temasek ave 2

ref: ur original images.

agreed with the others on the 2nd image. except i like to add that Fulelrton is overexposed.

I dunno how to correct this at imaging, but maybe post processing with PS is possible: blending two images, one with Fullerton masked, or vice versa.

Also there is a slight tilt to the left. Do some perspective correction.

You've pretty much grasped the area of night shots pretty well. There is little I can nitpick about the shots and then again, those nitpicks don't really matter. IMO the second shot is close to perfect already and doesn't really need post-processing.

You may want to do minor things like increasing saturation or USM but it's not fantastically necessary. The tough thing about night shots is exposure and you've nailed it, well done.

Good attempt but I couldn't help noticing a dark spot at the top left corner of your early evening shots. Could be due to dirty CDD or lens. :sweat:

Yes i realised it before i posted it.:( but when i got back to dust blow the lens then take more photos, the spots are gone... could it just be dust on the lens causing this?

Relac... it is clean i tried shooting again... all is well.

i see vignetting. wat was ur apature and lens used?

other than that, the composition was excellent :thumbsup:

Hi prata, thanks for your comments. It really looks vignetted. But I after checking the original larger version, it was just the clouds at the wrong place at the wrong time ;p

Anyway, i was just using the kit lens at the following setting. Possibly becos it is the kit lens, tats why it may contribute to the vig...

Shooting Mode
Aperture-Priority AE
Tv( Shutter Speed )
Av( Aperture Value )
Metering Mode
Evaluative Metering
Exposure Compensation
ISO Speed
Lens
18.0 - 55.0mm
Focal Length
18.0mm