Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Man Utd - comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
man utd fan here :"i will miss his dribbling skills and running pace , which is one of the main reason why man utd is still an exciting and entertaining team."
don't really care much about his character.. as long as he keep assisting manutd to win and scoring goals
EPL/Man utd will be less attractive without him.

man utd fan here :"i will miss his dribbling skills and running pace , which is one of the main reason why man utd is still an exciting and entertaining team."
don't really care much about his character.. as long as he keep assisting manutd to win and scoring goals
EPL/Man utd will be less attractive without him.

you will also miss his diving in action.. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

maybe there is a hidden clause in the contract: Dive as u earn. The more u dive, the more opposite team suffers, be it yellow card, red card, penalty, the more u earn. The ultimate bonus will be the manager of opposite teams got a red card.

SAF and Man U should let him go where his heart desire. Definitely he have/will repay the trust given since he joined Man U with the recent double plus the reported £60~100 million transfer fee - both cup glory and good investment return.

I see no point holding him back just becoz he helped out a lot in the double trophy when almost everyone wants him out after he cause Rooney a red card in last Euro Cup.

Imagine how hypocrite everyone is when everybody is saying hate things about him now. The hardwork I read about him this past season really bring in a sense of understanding why he do it.

TO Repay the Trust SAF and Man U had in him thru the years. Like Carlos Quieroz time when he left for RM amiciably without fuss, only to returm to ManU - things can work that way to for Ronaldo, if things does not turn out as plan for him.

Not like a certain Kanchelski, Sharpe, Beckham, Staamp, Keane or Nilsterooy but like a guy named Cantona who knows precisely when to move on.................

SAF shldn't be hard on Ron and should accept it and move on though SAF will have a hard time in the short term for a replacement.

We all sayang him to stay but now the situation is up to him. We can already see he's not making RM any easier to sign him with him slapping a £300k a week salary for his services which I believe is not about the money. It's more like saying "No more no talk" to RM.

Unlike the likes of Barca and RM, ManU is a club that creates great players. So one lost gem will be replace sooner or later by another.

I as a ManU fan wish him luck if he goes to RM.

To be fair, Ronaldo can move on. Everybody likes to do something different in life. He had contributed and done his part and we are grateful for his valuable services. No point keeping him if his heart is not there.

Indeed, even if he stays, United will need to add variety and fresh dimension to the game. Our patten of play was too much build upon Ronaldo, especially on him to deliver the goals. It can be somewhat predictable and too-one dimension play. It is more important to get every players to perform and for any of the individual, to every now and then, to produce magic when it is needed.

All in all, pity to lose him (not knowing what further we can get out of him), but not losing sleep yet (a bit too early).

It's seems the flyboy sees manu as a stepping stone for his career, can't blame him, being offered such a high pay by a more prestigious club. Staying in england could be worse after so much media attention. Devils lynchmob! :bsmilie:

For all his dives and misdemeanor, we cannot deny CR is hell of a footballer at the moment (this comin from a Livepool fan:bsmilie:) ...
it will be a lost for EPL as there will be one less entertainer.. and there ain't many entertainers around in the english league

On the bright side, we can be pretty sure Torres will still be around nxt season banging in the goals

i think a big factor why cristiano ronaldo wants to play in spain has to do with his root as well. generally he would feel more at ease in a spanish speaking country as opposed to england, plus the fact that it IS real madrid he's going to be playing for. when you're at the top of the world, you just want to go on conquering other worlds as well. perhaps he finds that he's done that with the EPL, and will now move on to conquer the SPL.

If another company pays you double what you're making now, and wants you to work for them, would you?

A soccer player's career span is actually very short, so if there is a chance to make twice the amount of money in a shorter time frame, why not? I think he will go, eventually.

Personally, I think his head has swell, and think he is THE PLAYER. He's still young, can still afford to bang a few walls before realising what he really wants, and what is best for him. He is only seeing $$$$ in front of him now...

CR already said last time that he will love to go and play in Spain and for Real Madrid but not sure when it will happen....we shall see after Euro 08'

Its a matter of time he will leave.. he is still young and there is no way he will be another Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes who stay in one club for so long.

If he don't go now, the whole transfer discussion (or rumours) is going to start all over again end of next season.

Instead of having to worry about him leaving every year, maybe its a good time now as I don't think his transfer fee will go any higher.

Guys, let's not speculate until something official comes from the club. It's just a bunch of tabloid reports... and you know tabloids. So let's just wait and see.

Personally, I have respect for Ronaldo as a player and what he has helped us accomplish this year, but the team comes before any player. And if his head gets too big for the team, I think it's right for him to move on (or sit on the reserves bench - which is my prefered option).

aww.. just look at the david beckham deal.. it was classic. player has ambitions elsewhere.. manager offloads him.

"I'd like to play for Real Madrid but only if it's true they are ready to pay what Manchester United ask of them," he told respected Brazilian website Terra.

"However, it does not depend on me," said the Portuguese midfielder.

"I'll only talk about this again after the European Championship," added Ronaldo. "Don't ask me any questions because I won't answer."

He only said this leh. He will play for RM only if they match Utd's asking price and his wages reported to be twice of what he is making now. If i'm offered more money, I'll move too!

I think if RM match United's asking price, it will be a good deal to sell him as he will not come cheap. Can always buy another winger.

Besides, on a personal note, he said from day 1 that he will like to play in Spain and every Man Utd fan knows that. His mom is also a RM fan and will like to see him there.

The thing that sour fans is the timing. He just signed a new 5 year contract and is only 1 year into it. If he will to say this 2-3 years later, I'm sure Man Utd will not stop him.

aww.. just look at the david beckham deal.. it was classic. player has ambitions elsewhere.. manager offloads him.

DB din want to leave. SAF off load him. Same as RVN and Stam. Heinze wanted to leave but RM saved him as no way is he going to Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.