Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Mar 6, 2003
East of Singapore
www.gorgeousfeathers.com
35610951-8d3d-02580190-.jpg

Ha! Cute fella! :bsmilie:

interesting flight pic. I guess this is the same juvenile sunbird as Garion's one. of course, its a week older and has more red :)

erwinx said:
interesting flight pic. I guess this is the same juvenile sunbird as Garion's one. of course, its a week older and has more red :)
Thanks. There's was like 5 to 6 of them going around the orchids.

If i'm not wrong, i do have some pictures of younger ones captured today.

Harlequin said:
No lah...still learning how to shoot properly....

Wah bro, don't be so humble leh. With that big gun you have, you already win 40% of the game liao :D :blah:

Good shot there Harlequin! :thumbsup: Looks like he's taking skydiving lessons. :D

ccplim said:
Wah bro, don't be so humble leh. With that big gun you have, you already win 40% of the game liao :D :blah:
:bsmilie:

ccplim said:

Actually you are sort of wrong....big guns doesn't always win....

the 600mm has a minimum focus distance of 6m, which means i have to literally stand far behind those tight spots just to get this kind of shots. The sunbirds at MOG are really human friendly.

Almost had the opportunity for a little juvenile landing on my palm. It must have mistaken my palm as a ginger flower. Of course it taste salty rather than sweet nectar. :D

Now i'm beginning to miss my old Sigma 120-300mm F2.8.

Harlequin said:
Actually you are sort of wrong....big guns doesn't always win....

the 600mm has a minimum focus distance of 6m, which means i have to literally stand far behind those tight spots just to get this kind of shots. The sunbirds at MOG are really human friendly.

Almost had the opportunity for a little juvenile landing on my palm. It must have mistaken my palm as a ginger flower. Of course it taste salty rather than sweet nectar. :D

I see...... :embrass: 6m is indeed kind of far for these friendly birds. :think:

I think I will go and try my hands on at MOG one of these days (maybe next month if my leaves are approved). I supposed the human traffic there will not be as heavy as SBG?

Harlequin said:
Thanks dude ! I think he's running away from you....... :D

Just kidding man. So how are your shots for today coming along ?
Didn't shoot much today, was just trying out the ext. tube on my combo. Maybe bro. skfoo and bro. gremlin have some 'power' shots up their sleeves and waiting for right moment to post. :bsmilie:

Sure anot...u got the ultimate 'big gun' liao wat. :blah: Maybe time to get a 300mm f4? ;p (hint:buy buy buy?)

Harlequin said:
Almost had the opportunity for a little juvenile landing on my palm. It must have mistaken my palm as a ginger flower.

Wah. Next time I go shooting, must borrow your palm so that I can do some macro shots of these crimsons. :D Is it for loan? :bsmilie:

Hi Philip, well done in capturing the action. This is certainly a difficult shot.

However, I personally think that it would be a winner if the focus is as sharp as the orchid plant in front and can also do with less noise.

Cheers :)

chngpe01 said:
Hi Philip, well done in capturing the action. This is certainly a difficult shot.

However, I personally think that it would be a winner if the focus is as sharp as the orchid plant in front and can also do with less noise.

Cheers :)
Thanks Peng Eik. Well it was a lucky shot though.

As for the focus part, i do admit it is not as sharp as the plant infront. Wasn't ready for this action as lens was locked down framing the tiny bird and waiting for the right nova to appear. Then it all happened.... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.