Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Quote: Asia Times
While police statistics reveal that serious crime in Malaysia climbed 40% year-on-year in 2006,...

Saturday, May 20, 2006
Alarm over sharp increase in Malaysia's crime rate

Nearly six women raped a day, and tally for violent crime shoots up

By Leslie Lau
The Straits Times

Thought I heard wrongly when I watched the TV news just now.
So checked it up in Internet.
40% increase. Whew! Rethink holiday plans.

The figure seemed pretty consistent with the horror story from the people around me. Especially in the JB area.

:( Of course the other areas are quite low as compared to JB & seems like KL's rate is picking up as well. Maybe, becos there're too many S'poreans going there. :dunno:

:( Of course the other areas are quite low as compared to JB & seems like KL's rate is picking up as well. Maybe, becos there're too many S'poreans going there. :dunno:

I was told KL together with JB and Penang have some of the highest crime rate in Malaysia. Not surprising to hear the news since the police force there is corrupted and inefficient.

Quote: Asia Times
While police statistics reveal that serious crime in Malaysia climbed 40% year-on-year in 2006,...

Saturday, May 20, 2006
Alarm over sharp increase in Malaysia's crime rate

Nearly six women raped a day, and tally for violent crime shoots up

By Leslie Lau
The Straits Times

Thought I heard wrongly when I watched the TV news just now.
So checked it up in Internet.
40% increase. Whew! Rethink holiday plans.
Don't go to KL and JB lah! Anywhere else the rate wil likely go down, as long as you don't dress up as a girl.......

HS

Does the crime figure includes holding one's own spouse's hand in the public? ;p

maybe crime rate includes the buying/selling of DVDs ;p

well, I'm not surprised. The reason I moved out of JB and leave my house there empty 3 years ago was because i see roberies everyday and the policemen are not doing anything. i once waited 3 hrs with a victim i saw on the road just to report a snatch thief. that's enough time for the thief to reach KL.

Aparently I was told that the recent busting of DVDs and drug syndicates are "wayang".

maybe crime rate includes the buying/selling of DVDs ;p

well, I'm not surprised. The reason I moved out of JB and leave my house there empty 3 years ago was because i see roberies everyday and the policemen are not doing anything. i once waited 3 hrs with a victim i saw on the road just to report a snatch thief. that's enough time for the thief to reach KL.

Aparently I was told that the recent busting of DVDs and drug syndicates are "wayang".

Yup, it's really getting from bad to worse. My friend who's working in JB (he's a Malaysian) also got rob thrice at his office. Sigh....

too low pay is the reason?:dunno:

Don't go to KL and JB lah! Anywhere else the rate wil likely go down, as long as you don't dress up as a girl.......

HS

you can still dress up as an Afghan girl

Status
Not open for further replies.