Credit card question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
Hi,

Have some question to ask...
I understand one's pay need to be at least 2.5k and above to apply for credit card. Right now, my pay is not 2.5k yet but after doing OT, I got 2.5k for a month. So using that pay slip, does those credit card company approve my application???
Pls help, thanks!

all alone paying by cash, all small notes, especially only $2 notes, all dip out from ang pows collected from wedding couples, still belong to low income group, can not apply credit card, the credit card company and bank don’t even bother to give me any brochure.

catchlights said:
all alone paying by cash, all small notes, especially only $2 notes, all dip out from ang pows collected from wedding couples, still belong to low income group, can not apply credit card, the credit card company and bank don’t even bother to give me any brochure.

I also belongs to the low-income group lo... :(

i was a credit card pusher.. i meant promoter in the past. somewhere in the region of 2.4 or 2.3 they will accept (during that time few years ago).. if the monthly statement shows 2.5 for a few months consecutive they will also accept.. requirement used to be few months of income statement.. dunno if they still require that now..

Then again.. it all depends on the bank that you're applying to.. like adam said. just try.. go roadshows to apply and get freebies :D

yanyewkay said:
i was a credit card pusher.. i meant promoter in the past. somewhere in the region of 2.4 or 2.3 they will accept (during that time few years ago).. if the monthly statement shows 2.5 for a few months consecutive they will also accept.. requirement used to be few months of income statement.. dunno if they still require that now..

Then again.. it all depends on the bank that you're applying to.. like adam said. just try.. go roadshows to apply and get freebies :D

I got 2.5k for a month only and send that pay-slip to apply for the card. Hope that I will get the card lo.. :confused:

XXX Boy said:
... Right now, my pay is not 2.5k yet but after doing OT, I got 2.5k for a month. So using that pay slip, does those credit card company approve my application???...
yo chris - young handsome chap, earning $2k - $2.5k... in the banks eyes, you're probably profiled in as a high spender (just tell them that your hobbies include photography) -> potential revenue -> sure approve one!! :bsmilie:

as yanyewkay said, risk assessment at the margin would vary from bank to bank.

catchlights said:
all alone paying by cash, all small notes, especially only $2 notes, all dip out from ang pows collected from wedding couples...
yeah... B&S forum accepts cash terms only!!! :bsmilie:

Cactus jACK said:
yo chris - young handsome chap, earning $2k - $2.5k... in the banks eyes, you're probably profiled in as a high spender (just tell them that your hobbies include photography) -> potential revenue -> sure approve one!! :bsmilie:

as yanyewkay said, risk assessment at the margin would vary from bank to bank.

yeah... B&S forum accepts cash terms only!!! :bsmilie:

Hi,
Hehe, where got young and handsome?? ;p
And also spend on photography until I damn poor liao lo! :sweat:

You never know....I got my first Visa when I do not have the mandatory $30k per annum....guess which one??? The bank that never sleep......"Citibank".....great card and great customer service I must say :thumbsup:

Poor is still ok, once you got credit it can be worse than that :bsmilie:

XXX Boy said:
Hi,
Hehe, where got young and handsome?? ;p
And also spend on photography until I damn poor liao lo! :sweat:

Yeah, back in those days, monthly income of S$2k will do, as the bonus payout at the end of the year is normally 3 mths!

Big Kahuna said:
You never know....I got my first Visa when I do not have the mandatory $30k per annum....guess which one??? The bank that never sleep......"Citibank".....great card and great customer service I must say :thumbsup:

Dun sign up cards just bcos u wan to buy lenses! haha

King Tiger said:
Credit Card is a danger if one do not know how to discipline himself. :nono:

Yup, many ppl in SG, especially youngesters were declared bankcrupt due to overspending using cc... :eek:

It's a double-edge sword...

Carllim said:
Yup, many ppl in SG, especially youngesters were declared bankcrupt due to overspending using cc... :eek:

It's a double-edge sword...

Poor the most reach $0 since no credit..

But with credit.... your financial status can go -$negative :eek:

If need to use card for lifestyle items... why not an debit card?

Spending is addictive too especially all the BUY BUY BUY around ;p

Buy what you can afford. I have credit cards (to enjoy discounts, offers and convenience [especially when overseas]) but never roll over debt. Lots of my friends don't roll over their credit card debt too. This is the best way to use credit cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.