Creative Zen Vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleuwhale

Jan 2, 2006
Hey Guys..

Am very tempted to purchase a Creative Zen Vision for the [sole] purpose of transfering files from my CF card to the HDD during Actual Day - Event Photography.

I am presently using a Canon 20D and shoot in Raw + Small JPEG format.

My question is:

Would I be able to transfer the RAW file (most importantly) and JPEG file into the Zen Vision ?

Although I believe that I would not be able to view the RAW file on the screen (I may be wrong), would I be able to at least store the RAW file in the Vision until I later transfer it to my laptop / desktop?

If the above should be answered in the negative, is there any other portable device you will recommend for doing such Actual-Day transfers?

Thanks for the advice.

I think you should be fine as the all the information on your card will be transferred to the portable device.

You will not be able to view the RAW files. But since you are shooting low res. JPEGs you should still be able to view JPEGs. Don't quote me on this but check out the device before you buy it. But I am pretty sure that it should work.

i m using the creative zen vision. this device will allows u to transfer everything in you CF card. however, it does not allow u to view RAW files. Good thing is that u hv small jpeg format to view (if u r using it as a viewer as well).

the downside of this is that you can only transfer the datas thru your computer's USB port. pictures taken will lose the date it created. filenames renamed unchanged. if u r particular in keeping track of the time the file is created, this device is not for u. otherwise its good!

u can even do a slide show thru a projector (using the RCA cables supplied) immediately and play some some nice mp3 songs to go along with the picture presentation.

I'm also thinking of getting a device tat can marry photo storage, photo viewer, video player & MP3 player with this Creative Zen Vision.

I am going to buy it at $699 instead of RRP $799, but currently white is out of stock, i am awaiting for the white to be in nxt week. Currently this shop selling only have black, which i dun like, coz i already bought a white pair of Panasonic RP-HJE50 earphones in white to go with the player.

I previously sold off my iRiver H10 5gb MP3 player coz i buying this Creative Zen Vision to marry everything together...

Now i find the MP3 music playback of this Creative Zen SUCKS big time. Even after a newer firmware. The music, songs tat once sound so good on my iRiver now sounds very jarring & slightly less 'clear', even though i'm using the same noise insulated Sony earphones.

I'm buying back a iRiver H10 & solely using this as a photo vault / photo viewer...

wrx_sti_22b said:
I previously sold off my iRiver H10 5gb MP3 player coz i buying this Creative Zen Vision to marry everything together...

Now i find the MP3 music playback of this Creative Zen SUCKS big time. Even after a newer firmware. The music, songs tat once sound so good on my iRiver now sounds very jarring & slightly less 'clear', even though i'm using the same noise insulated Sony earphones.

I'm buying back a iRiver H10 & solely using this as a photo vault / photo viewer...

Wad is the bitrate of your songs?

The bad problem of Creative products is that the firmware updates doesnt do much for the ears. Its more of sustaining battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.