Creative Zen Vision M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leongfm

Feb 12, 2003
www.pbase.com
Creative Zen Vision W (4.3" Widescreen LCD)

Has anyone bought the above multimedia viewer for storing/viewing photos? I wonder how high resolution photos look on the big LCD screen. Is it sharp?

I played with one yesterday which was pre-loaded with some photos of unknown resolution and the photos were not sharp. So wondering if high resolution photos will look better. Thanks.

FM

I think you are referring to the Creative Zen Vision W which has a 4.3" LCD screen and not the M as stated

The Zen Vision W has the same screen resolution as a PSP.

I think you are referring to the Creative Zen Vision W which has a 4.3" LCD screen and not the M as stated

Yes I was refering to the Vision W. Thanks for the correction.

I've not really played with the Zen Vision W as of yet.

However, I own a Zen Vision and an Epson P2000.

For Zen Vision, I'd think it is more like a media player. I'd say I prefer its user-friendly menu. This player supports more video formats than the Epson P2000 and is a cool mp3 player. For viewing of photos, it only supports jpg and does not allow zooming. Also, it comes with one CF slot and it wouldnt be useful if you are using SD card, unless buying another SD-CF adaptor.

For Epson P2000, the screen display is stunning (the P4500 is even better). This player is indeed a photo storage device with a long battery life (better than Zen Vision). However, user menu aint something to "WAH" about. It supports jpg and raw files with zooming capabilities for jpg format. For videos, it only supports certain format. The device basically comes with 2 slots, one for CF and another for SD.

The good thing and bad thing about the Zen Vision is its size. The good being it is small and portable. The bad being to make the unit compact, it uses a 1.8" HDD which is extremely costly to replace if faulty after the warranty period unlike the P2000 which comes with a 2.5" HDD.

Take note that such devices are extremely sensitive (esp. the HDD) and is likely to be faulty once dropped.

Hope it is useful to you.

Cheers

I have the Creative Zen for the past 6 months. Serves it purpose well for a photo viewer and the CF card slot is very practical. I like the A/V output (comes supplied with the cables) to the TV for instant photo slides viewing and the photos projected on TV is sharp. You can add music to the slide show via MP3.

The Zen is good buy. I find Epson and Narchos a bit too pricey and has too many functions that I may not use at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.