Creative Zen Touch... comments anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the thread... all I can tell is that some iPod users are complaining because Creative has "ripped" (pardon the pun) the iPod. Turning out to be a flame thread. Doesn't interest me whether Creative copied Apple or not.

What I want to know is if anyone has used it. And how well does it work if you have used it.

would love to hear and read the reviews of this Creative mp3 player and it claimed to have the 24hours battery life.

Hi,

Unfortunately WAY TOO MANY people simply love to slam down products they have not owned, or tried for a decent period of time, all based on what they hear/read and on own their biased perception of the product and/or the manufacturer. Sad thing.

Being a Creative product, the audio quality of the Zen Touch is going to be excellent. I've personally compared the Zen NX 30GB vs a 3G Apple iPod via a DIY Headphone amplifier and using both Sennheiser HD600 and AKG 501 headphones and found the Zen to be slightly superior.

As for looks, it's all down to the user, whether he's a form-over-function or function-over-form type of person.

Regards
CK

Agree with CKiang.

The way pple slam Zen Touch or compare Zen Touch with Ipod tells you they are strong believer of Ipod (I am not saying Ipods are not good, I love products by Apple! ;) ). These pple think they have the best MP3 player around and none other pdt beats it. They will think it is good even if it may not be as good e.g. battery life, audio quality etc. This not only happen between Creative and Apple, it's just another competition when you have similar line of products. When a similar Zen Touch came out, all they want is to deny/slam the product even before any review is out and this is absolutely not fair! :nono:

If we are saying Zen Touch "copied" the pearl white color Ipod has, what about other products? Even furniture goes to that look now. I would rather think it will be more fair to say Apple has create the trend of white color products and the rest follow suit.

About the touch pad, Apple has a circular wheel so what's wrong when Creative came out with a touch pad? It's just how smart you are to "modify" from the existing design and makes pple think it's something innovative. Creative is consider a pionner for MP3 players since 1999 but when Apple stepped in 2001, they din catch up so now it became Creative copy Apple.

Whatever it is, Creative may not be really good but we need not bang them down like that even before there are any reviews. They have produce good audio cards and I like their speakers too, 5 years since I bought 2.1 set and they are working well. I own the first generation MuVo -> MuVo NX -> MuVo TX FM and I am happy with it.

Any comments on their "first time" ad? I kinda like the ear + fly and the shaolin monk ... at least not the typical hard sell ad! Dun like the wat lick and stick ad, it's not funny and doesn't tell much. Wondering which agency did that? :rolleyes:

Can we rip off the 20GB drive from the ZenTouch to use on our digicam, just like the Muvo?

acroamatic said:
I read the thread... all I can tell is that some iPod users are complaining because Creative has "ripped" (pardon the pun) the iPod. Turning out to be a flame thread. Doesn't interest me whether Creative copied Apple or not.

What I want to know is if anyone has used it. And how well does it work if you have used it.

You are right. One have to understand that the thread was from a Mac User site where almost all of the the ppl there are fervent apple supporters that's why the 'passionate discussion' and one-sided view. Having said that, as to the second point of it turning into a flame thread the outcome is easily predictable, it will not be. Cos firstly, most of the ppl in that community are quite civil, secondly a simple click of a button will ensure the flame is extinguished. ;)

kenghor said:
Can we rip off the 20GB drive from the ZenTouch to use on our digicam, just like the Muvo?

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

doraemon7 said:
Buy buy buy :D

you don't need to buy what.. thought you're giving this zen away for free in another forum? :bsmilie:

now you have several people here to appreciate the zen.. might as well give it to someone in CS... ;)

Must buy first, then can give away... Must support the economy :D

Alamak, I have got banned from mugs, even my ip got banned :cry:

Luckyly I am using dynamic IP ;)

Perhaps they could not take my criticism :D

Hahah... all this is quite amusing but let me restate the question:

Creative Zen Touch user reviews, anyone?

acroamatic said:
Hahah... all this is quite amusing but let me restate the question:

Creative Zen Touch user reviews, anyone?

I don't have a Zen Touch, but I do have a 15Gb Zen NX (my third Nomad) and I love it. The battery lasts ages, (I'd say more than 12 hours) audio quality is excellent on my sennheiser px200's. The interface, ie: the software and the positions of the control knobs and switches is a little strange and takes some getting used to, I'd rather have had the buttons on the front, which is what they seem to have done with the Touch. The software is a lot like a nanny, helpful but rigid, but if you don't follow the docs (they recommend some other app to xfer files over to the device) and use the Creative PlayCenter (installed along with the drivers) to copy your files, it makes organising non-ID3 tagged files easier :) Someone from Creative hangs out on the nomadness.net forums and listens to user complaints/issues and tries to help get them fixed in new firmware updates, so that's nice too.

Compared to the ipod, (my friends own a few) Nomads win hands down, I've never understood why a PC user would want an iPod. When they bought theirs, they were only able to copy over about 10-15Mb worth of music before iTunes died. (this is on different pcs) Another time, one of the pcs was plugged into my network coz they wanted to copy some of my music onto the ipod and iTunes kept selecting on of my shares on my linux file server as the iPod! It was really weird coz that share didn't even have any mp3s on it. bleah. Then there are the more common problems like the battery being useless (<2 hours on a 1 year old ipod), expensive to replace. So, while it's pretty, it's also damned hard to live with.

Looking at the specs of the Touch, I'd say it has very good potential, although I'd still like someone to independantly verify the battery life claims...

Belle&Sebastain said:
:dunno: is it too early to ask, the product just recently launch right?
just asking mah. i'm sure there are some 'early adopters' for electronics goods among the CSers.

Went to Sim Lim this afternoon, still not on sale. Only the old type of Zen.
So can't tell whether the new ZEN it is good or not, or how long is the battery last. :)

Hip..Hip..Hooray.. manage to gain access to MUGS again :blah:

Status
Not open for further replies.