creative respond to ipod shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just saw the ads in the 8 days Mag. Wow.. very nice colors.. In fact I like all of them. I am thinking of buying one to give to a close friend of mine.. ;)

i personally think that apple's move is to compete with low end market.

In term of high end mp3 player, creative has not yet able to win over apple ipod. So, apple just wanna to expend its market share by launching this "super low end" mp3 player.

I think mr sim should understand this and just "act cool" in front of screen. As not everyone in developing countries can afford a full function mp3 player, apply's shuffle should be able to eat quite a portion of market shares. Apple doesnt seem like wanna to make money out of this. It is just a tool to kill other small mp3 producers only, in my opinion...

pshing said:
i personally think that apple's move is to compete with low end market.

In term of high end mp3 player, creative has not yet able to win over apple ipod. So, apple just wanna to expend its market share by launching this "super low end" mp3 player.

I think mr sim should understand this and just "act cool" in front of screen. As not everyone in developing countries can afford a full function mp3 player, apply's shuffle should be able to eat quite a portion of market shares. Apple doesnt seem like wanna to make money out of this. It is just a tool to kill other small mp3 producers only, in my opinion...

Considering Creative hasnt been very 'creative' at all for a very long time , really looks like pot calling kettle black..........

I dont own a single apple product. but must admit that apple is the creative one. the marketing, the sleek designs, the words.. i mean the words, sound so simple and nice..poetic! what does creative have? just hire engineers and try to chase apple. i do support creative, i only get their soundcards, simple midi controller, maybe their speakers. the only mp3 player i own is a discman that can play mp3s....that was like 4 years ago! it was a Jazpiper. coupled with a CD burner, i already had 10hrs of music in one CD. ipod batt can't even last 8hrs. i guess if it comes down to choosing, i'll still support creative zen, as its local, and its pretty good in several aspects.

cheers to competition!

I dun know but apple is definitely giving me the kind of feel whereby they do not want to please to mass like others are doing but instead they want the mass to acknowledge them. Come to think of it, the ipod shuffle might just work. How often do you really look at the display of your player, I personally don't really look at it, esp if there are too many songs in my playlist, just like to random play it and if the song I like pops up, I'll just replay it cos most of the songs I have in my library are those that are also in my comp itself, it is not like you can download mp3 from mid air and want to know the title of the song.

dun see any lcd screen on the shuffle... hmmm....nowadays even a cheapskate mp3 player comes with lcd screen ...quality not important... but w/o it.... whose gonna remember all the 100+ songs sequence? wats e next song? etc.... no fm...probably those pple working at apple not a big fan of the radio stations...

anyway... i still believe there will be a number of pple getting e shuffle thou.... those die hard mac fans....lol.... any those who use it as a fashion statement.... seen alot of pple hanging their minis or even ipod on the neck or anywhere to show pple..... i guess thats human...lol

kegler said:
dun see any lcd screen on the shuffle... hmmm....nowadays even a cheapskate mp3 player comes with lcd screen ...quality not important... but w/o it.... whose gonna remember all the 100+ songs sequence? wats e next song? etc

Eh...I am not a fan of the iPod but that is the thing and why it's called "shuffle" and reasons why it does not need a LCD screen. The songs are automatically "shuffle" and selected at random during downloading from your PC. That is suppose to be what's so "special" about it. Thus..no need LCD screen. hehe.. Just a cheap excuse and something cheap to help those with less money to own some kind of iPOD toy and not feel left out.

Oh great, another stupid gimmick which the sheep crowd will accept and call it a revolutionary product after paying for an overpriced product, and proclaim blasphemy if anyone were to say anything negative about it, be it factual or not.

Vulpix0r said:
Oh great, another stupid gimmick which the sheep crowd will accept and call it a revolutionary product after paying for an overpriced product, and proclaim blasphemy if anyone were to say anything negative about it, be it factual or not.
Blind brand loyalty? :p :devil:

Kho King said:
I think the write-up above has been edited, as I remember mr. Sim saying a few times Ipod Shuffle is a JOKE!

whatever he said, I am sure Ipod shuffle will still sell very well...as Ipod is already an icon now...something that everybody wants! The design is unique and the name is even much better than the so called zen... :bsmilie:

swh may be saying ipod shuffle is a joke. but if what you say is true about him saying it a few times, he must be shitting his pants inside. apple appears to have stormed into his backyard while he was at the frontline.

well lets see if the ipod shuffle does turn out to be a joke. i think it will succeed. :)

Vulpix0r said:

hmmm...wonder why you sound so aggitated. hey its just another music player. not like its going to break your ricebowl right? oops...unless you happen to be working for creative ;p

Canonised said:
FACTS :
1. Creative products are better value for money
2. Creative products are "more" advance technologically
3. Creative products are not marketable in the world biggest markets, USA, Japan, Korea and China! They are doing very well in "just-developed" countries.
Facts:
4. Creative does not make their own computers and OS unless... Mr Sim goes back to the small backlane shop in SLS selling Cubics ;)
5. At the rate Creative is pumping out products, they are probably going to kill their own product lines instead.

FACT:
All my known friends somehow still carry the Apple MP3 players .... ask them why not support Creative, and the answer is always ...."i don't know the reason why i buy Apple.... i just somehow want to look kool!!!"
Look cool? I hope people dun start buying Macs and say they want to be part of the 'cool crowd' and ask, "Where is the start button to shutdown the Mac?" :bsmilie:

madmacs said:
hmmm...wonder why you sound so aggitated. hey its just another music player. not like its going to break your ricebowl right? oops...unless you happen to be working for creative ;p
I'm sure he's not agitated...

Juz being 'anti-Apple' for the sake of being one. Just like u see ppl being anti-establishment for the sake of being one, takes the sour grapes himself and starts blaming the entire world for it ;)

Personally I dun get the drift about not having an LCD on such a tiny player.

It makes me wonder abt ppl who squint their eyes under bad light to STARE at the bad 1 or 2 line LCD display for dat 30secs and u wonder what they are looking at.

Fortunately, I'm not squinting at my glorious LCD display on my 20GB iPod even though I'm not wearing glasses frm time to time. Somehow ppl juz dun understand abt the fact that designers left out the LCD display on the iPod Shuffle. ;)

eric69 said:
Hey, you just jealous of him is it? Ha.
Anyway, I own an IPOD. Yes, Creative is cheaper, has more functions and blah blah blah.. But Ipod is all I wanted. :)

i agree, i also own an iPOD and i must say that the designers and engineers of Apple's product really knows what a typical user need. e.g iTunes and ease of use and efficient interface. Apple may be targetting the lower to mid-range budget spender which is why the iMAC mini was also introduced at the same event with the SHUFFLE.

And one thing will lead to another.

People will buy the iPod Shuffle cos it looks cool, but since an Apple product does not go really well with Windows (wadda expect?), potential switchers would look towards a low-budget Mac which the Mac mini is an answer to all.

Eventually, they'll switch over fully to MacOS.

iPod is but part of the game plan if one can see beyond the trend of iPod craze ;)

i was just looking at the jan13 entry in
www.mrbrown.com
quite hilarious i must say..

hehehe, i think swh was thinking along the same lines lah... there is nothing 'revolutionary' about the ipod shuffle, in fact, it is just using its market appeal to steal more market share.

But marketing is everything isnt it? ;)

Vulpix0r said:

agree, agree......

the ipod is kool but the shuffle?
It's just marketing hype to psycho gullible pple out there why the shuffle doesnt need lcd screen, fm tuner etc....

the truth is that if they were to include all these features then it makes them no different from the OEM/China-made flash players. :D

This is the ultimate marketing con! :bsmilie:

zorro18 said:
agree, agree......

the ipod is kool but the shuffle?
It's just marketing hype to psycho gullible pple out there why the shuffle doesnt need lcd screen, fm tuner etc....

the truth is that if they were to include all these features then it makes them no different from the OEM/China-made flash players. :D

This is the ultimate marketing con! :bsmilie:

thats how successful marketing works actually :D

Status
Not open for further replies.