creative respond to ipod shuffle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
anyone watch the TV news last night? there is a short interview with Creative spokeman (or CEO?) on their respond and view to the new Ipod shuffle.

when asked about what he (the spokeman) thinks of the new ipod shuffle to fight with Creative product market, he said:"the ipod flash (should be shuffle) was a complete joke, they are producing what we (Creative) already have in our 1st generation product, which is 4 years ago, what a joke...".

I personally feel that that guy is just too ego and louzy... :thumbsd:

remembered that there was an article in the news asking him abt why he used the same colours as ipod for his mp3 player ' he replied that colours are free for everyone to use'

Personally I feel that the Ipod Shuffle is a huge disappointment, especially in term of their design. I was surprised that Apple produced a flash based MP3 players without any display. Even if it is cheap, I don't think I would want to buy it. I don't think that the Creative CEO is egoistic or what. I think he was equally surprised that Apple had come up with such a poorly designed MP3 player. He was expecting a tough fight.

But then I guess those Ipod fans would still want to have it as part of their Ipod collections.....

Creative first gen flash player Nomad looks like a piece of ****! A total and complete failure in term of design and marketing!
Mr Sim need to employ more big-time world famous industrial designers like Jorg Hysek to give all his product a big face-lift!

there's no joke when it comes to product designing...the only joke left is how well the product will sell.

so a copycat that sells much better is still a winner...after that, lawsuits starts coming in...ha ha ha

well anyway...apple called it the ipod SHUFFLE...they used words like "unpredictable" thus making that small prick decide the random shuffles for you, n not u who decides...so, is the design a failure? no...the only failure will be when ppl cant buy their concept of "Unpredictable Shuffling".

i like creative's attitude. ;)
Mr Sim was being honest... i really dont see anything in the ipod shuffle.
But that doesnt mean it wont sell though...

Apple is aesthetically irresistable..

Said Mr Sim, "Actually, to me it's a big let-down: we're expecting a good fight but they're coming out with something that's five generations older. It's our first generation MuVo One product feature, without display, just have a (shuffle feature). We had that -- that's a four-year-old product.

"So I think the whole industry will just laugh at it, because the flash people -- it's worse than the cheapest Chinese player. Even the cheap, cheap Chinese brand today has display and has FM. They don't have this kind of thing, and they expect to come out with a fight; I think it's a non-starter to begin with."

I think the write-up above has been edited, as I remember mr. Sim saying a few times Ipod Shuffle is a JOKE!

whatever he said, I am sure Ipod shuffle will still sell very well...as Ipod is already an icon now...something that everybody wants! The design is unique and the name is even much better than the so called zen... :bsmilie:

khairi said:
well anyway...apple called it the ipod SHUFFLE...they used words like "unpredictable" thus making that small prick decide the random shuffles for you, n not u who decides...so, is the design a failure? no...the only failure will be when ppl cant buy their concept of "Unpredictable Shuffling".

have to agree with you:

Random is the New Order

Welcome to a life less orderly. As official soundtrack to the random revolution, the iPod Shuffle Songs setting takes you on a unique journey through your music collection — you never know what’s around the next tune. Meet your new ride. More roadster than Rolls, iPod shuffle rejects routine by serving up your favorite songs in a different order every time. Just plug iPod shuffle into your computer’s USB port, let iTunes Autofill it with up to 240 songs(1) and get a new experience with every connection. The trail you run every day looks different with an iPod shuffle. Daily gridlock feels less mundane when you don’t know what song will play next. iPod shuffle adds musical spontaneity to your life. Lose control. Love it.

when I see iPod mini, i got tempted to buy :heart:

when i see the Shuffle pic, the design dun appeal to me at all :bheart:

It's all about marketing. The iPod name is famous. Whatever tt's name iPod or products related to the iPod will sell. Tt's how marketing works.

Apple started off with a really good product. the future sales of the iPod line-up will prove success.

I think the iPod Shuffle will sell. For 1, it cuts the Creative Muvo's pricing. Personally i used a Creative Muvo b4. The audio quality is good. The interface is tad too clumsy for me. Overall the product is fine.

Simplicity is what iPod Shuffle revolves arnd. Just put ur music in, unplug & play. $178 for 512mb. Tt's cheap. Those China brands nv place audio quality as one of their design factors, only Low cost, Low Cost!

Creative Muvo TX FM 256mb at $179 vs Apple iPod Shuffle 512mb $178

Which 1 will u choose?

If i'm looking for features, i'll take the Creative.

If i just want an mp3 player tt's easy to use or if i long for an iPod, i'll take Apple.

LOL

Although I don't own a single Apple product, you can't fault Jobs for his vision.

I remember before they announced the original iPod, there was this big hype about how it would be the next big thing, and everything was very hush hush and secret right until the last minute. Then when he announced it, everyone said: "You mean that's it? An mp3 player with a hard disk?"

On hindsight, it DID turn out to be the next big thing, and everyone jumped onto the bandwagon, including Creative. I must say that Creative has outdone Apple this time around with the Nomad, and that I agree the iPod shuttle is pretty old news when compared to the Muvo line (which all CS'ers know contain nice big microdrives inside).

StreetShooter said:
Although I don't own a single Apple product, you can't fault Jobs for his vision.

I remember before they announced the original iPod, there was this big hype about how it would be the next big thing, and everything was very hush hush and secret right until the last minute. Then when he announced it, everyone said: "You mean that's it? An mp3 player with a hard disk?"

On hindsight, it DID turn out to be the next big thing, and everyone jumped onto the bandwagon, including Creative. I must say that Creative has outdone Apple this time around with the Nomad, and that I agree the iPod shuttle is pretty old news when compared to the Muvo line (which all CS'ers know contain nice big microdrives inside).
Remember, Creative came up with the HDD-based MP3 player before Apple. Ok, it looks like a huge discman but still, Apple is not the first. But they did their marketing right.

Same goes to the iPod Shuffle. The actually took a lack of feature and made it into a cool feature. Kinda reminds me of "It's not a bug, it's a feature". They are selling you the idea that you do not need a LCD screen on the player. You do not need to choose the music. You do not need to know what's next on the playlist. The little wonder will do it for you. :)

Nothing wrong with what Sim said. I don't see what the big hoohaa is about the iPod Shuffle (though I think the Mac Mini is so cool). And like thumbdrives, be careful about losing that cap :bsmilie:

Regards
CK

XXX Boy said:
Creative first gen flash player Nomad looks like a piece of ****! A total and complete failure in term of design and marketing!
Mr Sim need to employ more big-time world famous industrial designers like Jorg Hysek to give all his product a big face-lift!
FACTS :
1. Creative products are better value for money
2. Creative products are "more" advance technologically
3. Creative products are not marketable in the world biggest markets, USA, Japan, Korea and China! They are doing very well in "just-developed" countries.
MYTHS:
1. Creative will replace Apple's in market share
2. Creative design is more appealing and fashionable..... Creative's Colours are more fashionable and originals
3. Creative CEO has got more hip and X-factor than Apple's
4. Creative's $100million marketing budget will buy over the whole world
5. Creative's marketing is more powerful than Apple's
FACT:
All my known friends somehow still carry the Apple MP3 players .... ask them why not support Creative, and the answer is always ...."i don't know the reason why i buy Apple.... i just somehow want to look kool!!!"

From schools to office to pubs, etc.... when you see someone with a Creative or any other, I don't think anyone bothers, but when someone carries an Apple's, we take a SECOND-LOOK! that's real marketing.

Does the Shuffle have FM radio? I need that.

Kho King said:
anyone watch the TV news last night? there is a short interview with Creative spokeman (or CEO?) on their respond and view to the new Ipod shuffle.

when asked about what he (the spokeman) thinks of the new ipod shuffle to fight with Creative product market, he said:"the ipod flash (should be shuffle) was a complete joke, they are producing what we (Creative) already have in our 1st generation product, which is 4 years ago, what a joke...".

I guess you are not used to the more aggressive US style marketing techniques. They are used to insulting each other products and services and don't need to resort to subtle hints such as red/orange umbrellas :)

the marketing material for the shuffle is really excellent.. it makes you want to buy one lol

2100 said:
Does the Shuffle have FM radio? I need that.

sad to tell you but it does not come with fm.
if have,i also buy.
and also it does not have lcd display.

Kho King said:
Hey, you just jealous of him is it? Ha.
Anyway, I own an IPOD. Yes, Creative is cheaper, has more functions and blah blah blah.. But Ipod is all I wanted. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.