creative makeup OK for OUTDOOR shoots ?

Creative Makeup for Outdoor shoots

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrelchia

Jul 22, 2003
Visit site
Ok ... I'm conducting a quick poll here after some mixed reactions from a shoot that i organised.

Wonder how many people prefer doing portraiture with the standard, casual makeup, and how many prefer more unconventional, creative makeup.

Of course, constructive comments are welcome as well.

ermmm.... got a choice for "It depends?".... :think:

this is the stickiest point in any outdoor shoots, IMO. espn can testify this, after our recent shoot. almost everyone here, apart from the shooters dat day, objected to the make-up. some like it, some dun. its so subjective some times.... sigh...

nightwolf75 said:
ermmm.... got a choice for "It depends?".... :think:

this is the stickiest point in any outdoor shoots, IMO. espn can testify this, after our recent shoot. almost everyone here, apart from the shooters dat day, objected to the make-up. some like it, some dun. its so subjective some times.... sigh...

I agree ..the makeup is subjective to how well the makeup is done ... but lets generalise ...

depending on the response, i think the next round when i organise such shoots, i'll decide whether to use creative maekup for the 2nd look.

Actually, there's never a perfect photo. It boils down to how much you like the shot yourself, others will always find flaws with the images no matter what or how perfect it is. :)

Just shoot, talk later. :D

I personally do not do much of the kinds of photoshoots this thread is about.

But let me give my feeling about this with a true story. I was at a friend's house in California. This bloke is famous for his portraits, and his photos are collected worldwide. I was looking at his slides and saw a whole roll of pictures on the clitoris (not very pretty in my opinion!)

Perplexed, I asked him. "Are these of artistic value" Ans: "No". "Do you intend to print this an exhibit them?" Ans: "No". "Then why do you take these pictures?"

Answer: "To tell me that there is nothing I cannot photograph!"

Experiment! Take risks! Staying the status quo is a sure-fire way to the same repetitiveness and uninspiring works!

Agree very much with student!

who says creative makeup is supposed to be inside the studio only? to have inspiring works, we need to experiment outside the box.

i, for one, supports the idea of doing a creative makeup outdoors.

in my opinion creative makeup is ok if it goes with the outfit the model is wearing... :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.