Creative Cambridge Soundswork FPS 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kho King

Jan 20, 2002
shashinki.com
I plan to get a 2nd hand Creative Four Point Surround 2000 (4.1) speakers for my notebook (Dell Latitude D800), but my notebook only has the walkman type earphone socket for speakers. So, is there a way I can hook them up?

I wanna watch movie with the notebook with good sounds...

many thanks.

Kho King said:
I plan to get a 2nd hand Creative Four Point Surround 2000 (4.1) speakers for my notebook (Dell Latitude D800), but my notebook only has the walkman type earphone socket for speakers. So, is there a way I can hook them up?

many thanks.

Really no point.

Unless you get the Extigy or the new Audigy PCMCIA ...

Kho King said:

many thanks.
My 2 cents.

Dun waste ur money. The idea of Extigy is not bad but den compared to desktop or solid hifi still lose out a lot.

You can still hookup the laptop to the speakers via the regular "walkman type" connectors. The speakers should come with a pair - one for front, one for rear, in addition to a special digital DIN connection.

You will not get surround of coz, unless you get a PCMCIA Sound Blaster, Audigy 2 NX, Extigy, etc.

I don't agree with jsbn that the Extigy lose out a lot compared to desktop/solid hifi, it's trying to compare 2 different classes of products of different price range. With say an Extigy and decent speakers it can still put many of the cheapo Home Theatre-in-a-Boxes to shame.

Regards
CK

Actually, the idea of watching movies on a desktop PC, laptop never really appealed to me (that is unless I'm on the move or I don't have a 2nd choice). U wun be able to create THAT kind of surround effect with stuff like Extigy and things like dat.

Thus I told Kho_King not to waste his money on it when he can actually watch it on his TV.

thanks, guys. The reason I hope to get a better sound system for my notebook is becos I don't have a permanent home/house yet, thus I don't buy a home theather or big TV at home nor dvd player, thus I only play DVD on my 15.4" notebook, which is ok for me, only that the sound not so good.

Why Not? your whole Hi Fi system is only as good as your speakers can produce the sound... just see it as an investment incase you wanna plug into a PC later on... I got a Altec Lansing 641 for my Lappy... :D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.