Status
Not open for further replies.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Hi,

After some research, found that a Mac need to have a software (freeware available) to extractable a zip created by PC. But it will be good that if I able to create a zip file from PC which Mac user can just extract without additional tools.

So, is there any freewares for PC able to create zip file which is extractable on a Mac?

Help appreciated.

StaffIt Expander unzip .zip files, zipped by any PC file compression software (.zip) file. Unless I understod your question wrongly?
dan

Mac OS X software (Tiger, Leopard) comes with a ZIP file extractor and compressor. You can't view the contents unless you unzipped them first unlike in Windows where you can view the contents without extracting them. In other words, you don't need a third party software for a Mac to extract a Windows ZIP file. Vice versa for Windows. Hope that helps.

Hi All,

Thanks for the info.

I'm using a PC, create and sent zip files to my customers, notice that Mac users unable to extract the photos from the zip file, instead of asking them download StuffIt Expander to open my zip file, which some of them might find it is very troublesome and reluctant to do it.

so it is better that I create a Mac user friendly zip file for them, since it is only a few of them, best is to get a freeware.

in this case, if there is no solution, I will have to ask them download the stuffit expander or wait for the CD. And other alternative is I upload the images into an album, so they have to view it online.

Thanks again for the pointers.

actually hor... the jpeg files are already compressed and zipping them should not compress them any more
(correct me if i am wrong)

you can send it to them using yousendit

I'm sending hundreds over pieces of low res image files at one go, so I have to pack them together and zip it, else I have send one file by one file.....

is there any other way which can save me time and money for sending so many images?

btw, I try to keep all the file size very small, else I have create many YouSentIt a/c.... :embrass:

I'm sending hundreds over pieces of low res image files at one go, so I have to pack them together and zip it, else I have send one file by one file.....

is there any other way which can save me time and money for sending so many images?

btw, I try to keep all the file size very small, else I have create many YouSentIt a/c.... :embrass:

then upload and get the to download by themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.