creating a nice online Photo gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcfly1971

Jun 23, 2004
Netherlands
Hi everybody, :gbounce:

When I look to the galleries displayed on this site it amazes me. Almost everybody seems te be able to create an nice and fancy online photoalbum but me...
Ok, I admid, I'm not some kind of wizzkid but I think I should be able to also make a nice album with categories and subcategories. Can anybody pint me in the right direction where I can find a easy ( free...)program to create and upload foto albums with?? :dunno:

Thanks in advance

if you have adobe photoshop 7 and above, the process can be automated.
if you have macromedia dreamweaver 4 and above, it can also do the job for you automatically. you need to have all your pictures in one location and run the software to do the job for you. details of the processes are a bit long to explain. PM me for more info. cheers. ;)

You can try some of the ready made photo album softwares. I'm using coppermine. It requires PHP and Mysql though.

Royce said:
Second that. I have it installed on my own site.
i asssume menalto's gallery is the most popular now.
CS's plans are also using menalto's gallery script.

I have come across quite a few, and recommend the following in no particular order

menalto.gallery
coppermine 1.3 (new version)
jalbum (very nice interface)

I currently have a modded coppermine 1.2 running on my photo server.. works really fine!.
for a demo on how coppermine looks like, u can take a look at my albums.

cheerios~!

Hi people..

Thank's for all of your advice! :thumbsup: :)
I ended up with using JAlbum as sugested by Alankuik. It's realy a easy to use interface with ( for me, for now) enough features.
I see that a lot of PHP / Apache build engines are better to ajust to your own specific wishes but as I said, I'm not such a wizzkid so the "standard" ajustable skins in JAlbum are just what I needed.

Thanks again all for your swift responces...

Cheerio, McFly

ah, before I forget.. THE new album is now available at http://www.zeelandnet.nl/mdejonge

well. there's the software I'm using too (FOC for now) exhibition gallery.

i am using the free picturesky webby too ! :lovegrin:

mcfly1971 said:
Hi people..

Thank's for all of your advice! :thumbsup: :)
I ended up with using JAlbum as sugested by Alankuik. It's realy a easy to use interface with ( for me, for now) enough features.
I see that a lot of PHP / Apache build engines are better to ajust to your own specific wishes but as I said, I'm not such a wizzkid so the "standard" ajustable skins in JAlbum are just what I needed.

Thanks again all for your swift responces...

Cheerio, McFly

ah, before I forget.. THE new album is now available at http://www.zeelandnet.nl/mdejonge

the url cannot be found

Status
Not open for further replies.