Creamy skin tones?

get a 50L HEHE.

anyway whats creamy about the skin tone.

get a 50L HEHE.

anyway whats creamy about the skin tone.

LoL i couldnt find any other word better than creamy ... but is there any way to achieve such an effect in LR4?

LoL i couldnt find any other word better than creamy ... but is there any way to achieve such an effect in LR4?

You mean the super soft skin? 3 ways I can think of

1. Reducing clarity and maybe sharpness [works better if you use adjustment brush (K) and paint over the face], balance it out by increasing contrast
2. Healing brush/clone stamp (Q)
3. Blow out the highlights using exposure/highlights/whites sliders

But generally using soft light helps a lot. If you use a harsh lighting setup, no matter what you do in LR you cannot get soft skin without getting super low contrast.

brapodam said:
You mean the super soft skin? 3 ways I can think of

1. Reducing clarity and maybe sharpness [works better if you use adjustment brush (K) and paint over the face], balance it out by increasing contrast
2. Healing brush/clone stamp (Q)
3. Blow out the highlights using exposure/highlights/whites sliders

But generally using soft light helps a lot. If you use a harsh lighting setup, no matter what you do in LR you cannot get soft skin without getting super low contrast.

Thx for the tips! I was thinking I shld probably set my picture as faithful in my camera so that it wouldn't be too contrasty to begin with

That's not creamy... That's overexposed (blown highlights) and a bit out of focus...

Yep blown highlights can hide flaws allright indoors and outdoors, natural light or indoor lights. Hard to explain like this gal over here I shot, her complexion is as good as pizza, but I tweak the cam in such it looks smooth. Shot with 1000D+kit lens, no flash, in super dark hotel http://i41.tinypic.com/4gllz8.jpg