Crazy dreams....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
There are so many Nokia/Siemens phones with a camera built-in, will there be Nikon/Canon cameras with a phone built-in sooner or later? :D

Oh I am serious.
How many times, when you are taking photos halfway, your phone rings, then you got to put down your camera, and pick up the phone and answer?
Would it be convinent if they can put a phone inside the Nikon/Canon body, then we just flip our thumb and answer the phone while continuing to take photos?

Astin said:
Oh I am serious.
How many times, when you are taking photos halfway, your phone rings, then you got to put down your camera, and pick up the phone and answer?
Would it be convinent if they can put a phone inside the Nikon/Canon body, then we just flip our thumb and answer the phone while continuing to take photos?

Yeah, we all know how traditionally unshaven photographers can be. Good to have one handphone that allows us to shave while listening to the phone.

Might as well include a portable built in toilet and hawker centre.

Astin said:
Oh I am serious.
Can get bluetooth earpiece and enable voice activation. Then if phone rings, no need to put down cam to answer!

But to answer your original question, while handphones will continue to close the gap b/w phones and digicams (look out for h/p with 6mp cameras coming soon), i highly doubt that DSLR will ever attempt to close gap with handphones.

Royce said:
Can get bluetooth earpiece and enable voice activation. Then if phone rings, no need to put down cam to answer!

But to answer your original question, while handphones will continue to close the gap b/w phones and digicams (look out for h/p with 6mp cameras coming soon), i highly doubt that DSLR will ever attempt to close gap with handphones.
Hello Ah Royce, can we wear the bluetooth earpiece while we are looking thru the camera viewfinder? Sounds awkard leh..... :D
(oh I also want the camera to have those PDA functions, eg phonebook, calendar, to-do list, timer, etc :D )

Now we see the convergence of pda phone and phone with pda functions. However, i doublt there will be a similiar trend for phone with camera and camera with phone.

A phone is a very personal item that follows u around, likewise is a pda. But a camera is not something u would lug around all day long (maybe true for some of u here) like a phone or pda.

Astin said:
Hello Ah Royce, can we wear the bluetooth earpiece while we are looking thru the camera viewfinder? Sounds awkard leh..... :D
(oh I also want the camera to have those PDA functions, eg phonebook, calendar, to-do list, timer, etc :D )
Can wear earpiece at all times, although I'm not quite there yet (bought earpiece but not in habit of using yet). They are quite comfortable though.

I'd rather keep my PDA just the way it is - detached from my cam. I take my PDA everywhere, but not my DSLR (good point made by DennisLee).

Buayha...one of those fun threads... ;p

I think since the LCD is the next most expensive component in a digicam, why not have a built in DVD player and a TV tuner, so when you ride a bus home, you can watch movies instead of chimping...

Personally, I prefer things being modular (marks of a programmer, haha) rather than having an all-in-one integrated device, so please keep a camera as one.

Status
Not open for further replies.