Crashing a photo shoot or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myfz1

Apr 27, 2004
Scenario. A group of clubsnappers hired a model for a photoshoot at let say Sentosa. I happen to walk pass them and so, is it WRONG for me to take photos of the model even though I am not in their way?
I am at a public place and I am not causing any inconvenience to anybody. In short, will I get beaten up?

I have not joined any photo shoot before but I think those who wanted to join need to pay a small sum to the organiser to cover some cost. So naturally speaking is not very right lah, must be fair to those who pay mah right ?

You probably won't get beaten up, but you will get lots of ugly looks, I'd bet :bsmilie:

Lets reverse the situation: You've and some buddies have paid for a model shoot and you see a non-participant standing further away and shooting your model with a long lens.. what would YOU do? ;)

buy a super long tele zoom, find a place to hide and shoot. ;)

;p

I find it is unethical to do so, even a super long lens also no no.

Beaten up? I’m not so sure, but you are asking for trouble.

It's a paid group outing so shoot only if you are in the group and has paid for it. If it is open to public then that's another story.

renegade said:
One of them probably spot you 'stealing shots' and shoot you. Next day you'll be famous here ;)
hahaha!!! CS's most wanted!! :bsmilie:

i think that in a public place, to take shots of "what they are doing" is fine, but should ask for permission if you would like to "join in the shoot" (even if it were only a couple of shots) - my humblest of humble opinion!!! :embrass:

probably you'll fall under taking photos w/o permission thingy law..
I tot there's something about that.. we need da lawyer to confirm this..

yanyewkay said:
probably you'll fall under taking photos w/o permission thingy law..
I tot there's something about that.. we need da lawyer to confirm this..

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: lawyer, lawyer di toh loh ... this thread also kena lawyer virus liao, Yan still can't get over it.

If I was in the group and caught you stealing a shoot, I will take a photo of you and post it up on Clubsnap for displaying unethical behaviour. Honest, I'll do it! :bsmilie:

Myfz1 said:
Scenario. A group of clubsnappers hired a model for a photoshoot at let say Sentosa. I happen to walk pass them and so, is it WRONG for me to take photos of the model even though I am not in their way?
I am at a public place and I am not causing any inconvenience to anybody. In short, will I get beaten up?

if i were u ... i'd go look for the person who organised the shoot ... and ask if i can join in ... dun mind paying =/ ... cos i'm already there =P .. if can free even better lah! =P

Mixed responses from many people :bsmilie:

Well it actually happened to me but I was not sure those whether they were people from clubsnap. I was debating whether to shoot or not and yes I did have a 400 mm ;) , but in the end I didn't. You know why.......

Cos the model wasn't even pretty although she was in bikini, so not worth my time hahahahaha :bsmilie:

Luckily I didn't shoot or else my face appear here like someone suggested. :sweat:

haha ... u better not let that model see your post ... later u kenna whacked =P lolz ...

anyways if organiser say no .. den no lor =/ dun take lor ... maybe take a pic of the organiser and post here and complain ... or maybe ... go contact da lawyer to sue him .. haha ... for emotionally hurting moi :sweatsm: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Depends on what kinda shots you're taking. If you're taking "photography in session" (ie the group) or part of the group then that's ok. However if you're taking pictures of the model from afar (ie using a slightly longer tele lens) then that's unethical. Also without a signed model release form you could get into trouble (esp if the model is part of an agency).

In short you wont be able to publish (upload) pics without running the risk of running foul of the law.

But hey it's unethical to begin with so why would you wanna do it in the first place.

yes i would think i'm wrong if i do that without informing and getting permission ... in short. its unethical ... in long .. it is probably also against the law esp if the model is part of an agency .. and the shoot is organised by the agency

Myfz1 said:
Mixed responses from many people :bsmilie:

Well it actually happened to me but I was not sure those whether they were people from clubsnap. I was debating whether to shoot or not and yes I did have a 400 mm ;) , but in the end I didn't. You know why.......

Cos the model wasn't even pretty although she was in bikini, so not worth my time hahahahaha :bsmilie:

Luckily I didn't shoot or else my face appear here like someone suggested. :sweat:
If you were notice, all outdoor paid shoot, the organizer will not reveal the location is to prevent this.

As I said if you happen to spotted one, is unethical to shoot, whether the model is good looking or not.

it's plainly impolite.

it only shows (if u do it) that you have no proper manners/upbringing. :nono:

However, if you are shooting the picture with the whole shebang as a theme, and not focusing on the model herself/himself, then I think it should be fine.But err on the side of caution and morality, cuz if you were in their shoes, won't you feel pissed that someone is shooting your model for free and you paid money, did all the admin jazz etc..

It boils down to human nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.